Qu-Pad shows no signal

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Pad shows no signal

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TalentCraft
    TalentCraft
    Participant

I had this working where I could see and hear signal. I’m testing channel 16 with a condenser. 48v is red. 30 dB gain and nada. I am still learning the Qu-Pad; only recently got it, but I’ve been through so much of its aspects that I am mystified why there’s no signal going in , when I clearly had it a few hours ago.

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

Could you have accidentally hit the “on” button on the channel, thus turning it off?

TalentCraft
    Participant

Thanks BRS. No, I checked that. Even if I hadn’t, wouldn’t the channel react to signal coming in? …and for the record, I swapped out the mic, then the cable, so to rule those out…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did you switched the input to USB?

TalentCraft
    Participant

thanks Steffen R. Ch.16 input source is “Local” (red) and USB B (blue). My understanding is that “local” identifies my Qu-SB XLR in on that channel and “USB B” …<-the out to my iMac?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Did you try another channel?
    Try a dynamic mic.
    If you PFL the channel do you get anything in the headphones?
    Is that channel assigned to a DCA group and or to an audio group that is turned down?

Pre amp source menu to local (red) is correct.
    The USB (blue) is to playback audio tracks bringing them in through
    the USB B jack.

TalentCraft
    Participant

Hi Mikie, thanks. Yes, I tried ch.14 also, plus swapped in a dynamic, to no avail. No surprise that PFL (assuming that is what PAFL is in this land) yields no sound in headphones, and no lights in Qu-Pad.
    Thanks for clarifying the USB B; I was going to submit a seperate thread on this but, I’ll jot it here: I also lost my ability to playback audio from Logic. I was using ch.31-32, assigned it out in Logic prefs, see Logic’s stereo out lighting with playback, but zilch signal through Qu-Pad, when I had that hours ago as well.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

On the pre amp screen do you see any meter level?

And to double check, your plugging directly into the back of the QU SB?

Maybe do a full mixer re-set, do you have any scenes saved, if you do a reset
    you will want to copy scenes that you want to keep off to a USB stick.

TalentCraft
    Participant

Hi Mike. Thanks, that’s an excellent question, as I am not clear what the pre-amp screen is; I’m aware of how to navigate each channel’s processing, but in that area, pre-amp is not apparent.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Hi Mike. Thanks, that’s an excellent question, as I am not clear what the pre-amp screen is; I’m aware of how to navigate each channel’s processing, but in that area, pre-amp is not apparent.

The pre amp screen/menu is where you adjust the input gain and select the input source.

Do you by chance have the channel insert turned on? That’s in the pre amp menu, for the sake of testing keep it turned off.

TalentCraft
    Participant

Yes, I thought that’s the pre-amp, just isn’t labelled as “pre-amp”, so I wasn’t sure if I had elsewhere to search.
    Insert is gray; toggle’s on “FX”
    thanks

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Is it possible your iPad isn’t connected ? Or maybe tou accidentally turned on the gate which is too tight ?

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Is it possible your iPad isn’t connected ?

Along those same lines any chance your in the demo mode on the APP?

If you go into to the set up menu, audio tab, signal generator can you send
    pink noise to any of the outputs, do you see that on the output meters, can you
    PAFL the output master and hear that in the headphones?

Have you tried a firmware reload and or a full hard reset?

TalentCraft
    Participant

Thanks, Giga, but my iPad is connected via WiFi router and CAT5 to the Qu-16 Network. I also do not witness any disconnection.

TalentCraft
    Participant

Thank you Mike C., but my iPad is connected, plus to clear, upon further testing I discover that leaving the studio overnight “heals” everything back to functional …until… a static “pop” kills -either- the sound and its corresponding lights that are active in Qu-Pad -or- only the sound: perhaps the first time that this happened, Qu-Pad lights will still actively reacting.
    It’s as if the Qu-SB becomes to hot after several minutes, (it’s not) then mutes itself after an electrical “pop”.
    I hope to hear back from USA Tech Support tomorrow. This will not do.
    Thanks , again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.