QU-pad reset?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-pad reset?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Z Club
    Z Club
    Participant

I give visiting sound techs an iPad running QU-pad to mix sound.

The last guy did all kinds of custom configuration on the QU-pad. For example, moving ch1 slider on iPad moves ch12 slider on the mixer. It’s like that for all of them now. He also added some gates, etc.

I’ve googled for an hour and can’t find a reset procedure for the QU-pad app.

How do I reset QU-pad back to factory?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Not sure there is one but one way would be delete the app. Then download it again from the cloud or App Store. Should give you a clean one.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

hmmm?
    Good point.
    Dosn’t the Qu-pad follow the QU mixer?
    So if you had a blank QU mixer template, that would be a reset?
    Or a blank mixer show?

Input source and patching is only available at the mixer.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Appologies, the custom strips are stored in the iPad.
    However you should be able to just go to those layers and drag the faders off to make a blank layer.?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Reload it.

Profile photo of Z Club
    Z Club
    Participant

Some of you are using words I don’t understand. I”m the bar manager, not a sound tech.

It looks like deleting and re-installing is the way to go.

Thank you.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Not sure if re-installing indeed clears the preferences for the app, but for my understanding the only configuration stored on the iPad is actually the Custom Layer arrangement. This is cleared with 3×8 wipes when selecting setup. Takes a few seconds and you’re done.
    Anything else (i.e. gates, routing, Fx etc.) is stored on the Qu(Pac) and will not be reset when re-installing the app.
    To reset the Qu(Pac) to something defined, you should either have a scene which contains some kind of default setup and just recall that one.
    If people should start with a 100% clean surface, just choose Reset Mix Settings from the Scene dialog on the Qu(Pac) directly. If your inputs go through a dSnake this is probably not what you want to do, since it reverts all inputs to the local sockets.
    There’s also The Manual with additional information (like Chapter 10.10 “Scene Memories”).

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Note that the app now allows scenes to be changed, so you might want to take a “show” backup onto a USB stick.

But saving a scene to restore each night is a good plan (just be aware of how to restore the show from USB), then it is only the three custom layers that are ‘customisable’ on the iPad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.