QU-Pad requests!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-Pad requests!

This topic contains 55 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Onemoarcherry Onemoarcherry 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

can we have recall of custom layer settings in the next Qu-pad update please ?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

As in a “save these layers that I’ve defined in QuPad”
    or a “Load the custom layer from the QU”?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

The first one.

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

second one for me…..

I want to recall what’s on the QU mixer, not re-programme the custom layer in the app for every gig thats different to the last

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Personally I think both have a place, I have three custom layers on my iPad – reworking them if I’ve had to do an unusual gig, or in a festival situation would be a PiTA

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

QU-Pad keeps getting better and better! Great to see the QU-Drive controls being added and assignment of soft keys!
    I’m guessing the Spectrograph will be added in a future update as the QU-SB doesn’t have a screen and the QU-PAC would regularly be controlled from the QU-PAD app. I would still love to see customisable colours for each channel but have to say the QU-PAD app is fantastic!

Profile photo of analogika
    analogika
    Participant

Would it be possible to add a URL handler scheme to the iPad app?

The reason being that some apps allow you to add buttons for switching into other apps during use, but these work via URL schemes.

In my case, I’m using Set List Maker during shows, but occasionally switch into Qu-Pad to futz with the monitor mix. Being able to just assign a button to switch would be great.

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

Here’s my list of Qu-Pad changes:

1) User Defined App Settings – please create an app settings screen and place for users to configure how the app works.
    User App Setting Suggestions:
    a) Device Connection Time-out Setting – allows the user to specify how long in number of minutes the app will stay actively connected to the mixer before it logs out due to inactivity. (We use the Qu-Pad app as a “plan b” interface. We want to log into the app and mixer prior to the service, then leave it sitting nearby in case an issue comes up. However, the few times we needed it, the app had already logged out, causing significant delays in responding to the issue.)
    b) Freeze App Update – app will not update when this box is checked. Allows for manual coordination of mixer/app firmware versions.
    c) IDEAL: Store/Recall App Version – app retains more than 1 version on the iPad and the user can specify which version to load. This allows the user to select which app version to run so that 1 iPad can be used in more than 1 setting where the devices may be on different firmware versions.
    d) Screen Timeout Block – When checked, app will block the iPad from blanking the screen due to inactivity. Keeps the iPad screen actively displaying the app for long periods of time.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t know about option c), but for b) you can stop automatic updates in the iPad settings. I like to read about all my updates before they happen, so this works well for me.
    You can also set it not to go into sleep mode, which fixes a) and d), though it would be nice if the app included a switch for this. QU-You does, I think and I thought QU-Pad had one too, but I couldn’t find it the other day…

Profile photo of Al Tisco
    Al Tisco
    Participant

It would be really useful to have RTA metering behind both the PEQ and GEQ. Using this feature just saves time which becomes very important when soundcheck is limited or non existant.

Ideally source could be interchangeable between ipad mic and PFL signal.

Great app, great console!
    Thank you

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Yes it would definitely be useful to have RTA behind PEQ and GEQ!

Profile photo of PointMan
    PointMan
    Participant

I downloaded the app to test as well and I agree with the OP. In our case, if we do get the Qu-PAC mixer, we will set it up on stage and mix via the iPad. Our concern is using the touch screen to adjust PEQ and other settings. My question is, is it possible to connect a control surface (similar to the PreSonus FaderPort or Steinberg CC121) to the iPad via usb adapter to control the Qu-PAD app? I understand that this won’t work for people moving around the room, but for those of us who plan to mix on the iPad from one place away from the stage, it will be helpful.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

The Android app (Mixing station) supports USB MIDI.

Profile photo of Singviech
    Singviech
    Participant

I miss a “Disable Device Auto-Lock” – Setting for QuPad App.
    Like there is one for Qu-You App.

Kai-Uwe

Profile photo of Odersfelt
    Odersfelt
    Participant

Wifi signal strength meter please. Could be near the battery meter & time display. Let’s me know how far can wander around the gig and how well router is positioned etc. Turn it red/flash when low?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.