Qu pad problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu pad problem

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Hello all

I need some help. My qu 16 connects to my iPad. The problem is that when I try to switch to FX1 or fX2 or mix 1 I cannot change it from my qu-pad. Shouldn’t I be able to change this on my qu pad to my console? Or do I have to use my board to change to FX1 then adjust on my pad?
    Thank you

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Can you switch to any other mix besides FX1, FX2 or Mix 1 using QPad?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Should be able to go to any mix buss. I do it all the time.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Note, that when you change to a different mix on the iPad, you will not see this change on the desk.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Hey mark

Thank you for the reply. I noticed that it did not change on the board but I can not control the functions from my iPad. When I push for example FX1 the board does not change but I cannot even control the volume on that function

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Hey airrick

The only mix I can move is the LR from the iPad if I touch the button on the board for FX1 I can now control it from the iPad. Bjr j want to be able to move from the mix to mix on the iPad

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

This is not normal action – you should be able to do anything on the pad that you can do on the mixer. Are you sure you have the right version of firmware? Maybe post this on the troubleshooting forumn to get an answer from Nicola.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Actually, it sound’s right to me.

iPad works independently from the desk – useful if more than one person wants to operate things at the same time. If I’m sound checking FOH on the desk, I want it to stay on the main L&R, while someone else on stage may be selecting different mixes to set up the monitors. The changes they make do happen, but unless I select the Mix they’re changing, I’ll not see what they’re doing.

As it takes one button to select any FX or any Mix on the desk, don’t ever see this as a problem….

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Just to ask, on your iPad your are using the mix, group, Fx selection
    buttons on the left hand side of the screen.

As has been mentioned say you call up mix 1 on the iPad you have full control
    of mix 1 but unless the board also has mix one selected you will not see
    the board doing anything.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

QuPad does not control the surface…

It controls the mixer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.