Qu Pad "on" button

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Pad "on" button

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Firemann59
    Firemann59
    Participant

On the qu pad app, on the input screen, what does the “on” button in the slider section do?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It enables that faders output on the given mix. On non LR mixes there is also an Pre/Post fade button adjacent.

One example of usage might be for a bass guitar, I want to put the signal back to the bass amp, but don’t need it in the FOH setup, since the speakers can’t deal with those frequencies. I can put the Bass amp on Mix4, with a post fade send from the Bass channel.
    Then I take the Bass channel out of the main mix – but the fader still does the right thing, the volume is controlled normally, but the sound comes from the Bass amp, not the FOH speakers.

It’s therefore much less “aggressive” than a mute button.

Does that help?

(Note that the mixer has this option when you go to a mix on the right section, then hold down PFL or Assign and tap the select buttons for each channel)

Profile photo of Firemann59
    Firemann59
    Participant

Yes. Thanks.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

on analoge mixers,
    there are buttons to assign the channel strip to groups 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, etc. and also L/R.

The green button you are talking about is the same thing as a common “L/R” button.
    Dan

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

dpdan – yes, although I recall those normally being group sends on the mixers I’ve used – which is why they didn’t occur to me (since the mixes on a digital mixer are more normally compared with aux outputs on an analogue desk).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.