Qu-Pad 'Mute' vs "On" at top of Fader

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Pad 'Mute' vs "On" at top of Fader

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BobC
    BobC
    Participant

I am brand new to this stuff. (The system is in our church & our system installer abandoned us before providing any training.)
    On the Qu-Pad what is the difference between the channel Mute and the ‘On’ button towards the top of the fader at the top of the fader # values. They appear to do the same thing. Working with the Qu-Pac itself I was getting no output on a mix but then noticed that the ‘On’ button was off on the Qu-Pad. When I turned that back on it all worked. Normally I see a 1:1 correlation between the controls on the Qu-Pac & Qu-Pad but I have not found the equivalent of this “On” button on the Qu-Pac. I watched the Qu-Pac touchscreen as I toggled the On button on the Qu-Pad but did not see anything change.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

“On” decides if that channel is assigned to the mix you’re in at that moment. So Vx1 can be “on” or assigned in main LR and “not on” in your aux mixes for instance.
    Mute shuts of the entire Vx1 channel (except for PAFL if you configured it that way, same for usb-recording)

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @bob,

As Giga has already spot on mentioned, ‘On’ resembles the ‘Assign key’ function on the surface versions of Qu range.
    This allow you to dictate if certain channel is part of the selected Output Bus or not, whilst the Mute key simply temporarily silence this channel.

In some instances, you will like to have certain channels unassigned and in others Muted.
    For example:
    You may have a click channel (Metronome) for your musicians monitoring but you don’t want it on the Main L&R. If you muted, it will also be muted on its send to Mixes, if instead you disable it from the Main L&R, it would not be there but still be On and being sent to your other mixes.

Cheers,
    Rafael

Profile photo of BobC
    BobC
    Participant

Giga, Rafael –

Thank you both for the quality responses! I was anxious to give this a try so I went to our facility & all this worked exactly as you said. MUTE-ing a channel affects the channel in every mix whereas toggling the “On” button on the Qu-Pad fader strip only affects that one selected mix. And I found the equivalent to the Qu-Pad “on” button on the Qu-Pac touchscreen.

Since I have your attention – is there anything logically unique about the LR-Main output or is it just another mix? (I know the physical connections are different.) It seems to be treated a little differently from the other Mix outputs. For example, on the Qu-Pad the Mix1-10 fader strips have a blue background vs. the green one for LR.

Thanks again for you help – very much appreciated.

Bob
    Pinehurst, NC

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

hmm, I never really thought about that but now that you mention it I think it’s as you say: just another mix. I sometimes use it as an extra stereo IEM output even.
    Colours are just for easier recognition I guess…

Giga

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.