Qu-pad / linking and unlinking mono/stereo outputs?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-pad / linking and unlinking mono/stereo outputs?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Don Giuseppe
    Don Giuseppe
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m very very close to buying a qu pac mostly for IEM purposes but most figure this out first. The console seems absolutely perfect for my needs except that from what I have read around is that you cannot stereo link the mono channels 1-4 or unlink stereo channels 5/6,7/8,9/10.

I need at least 5-6 stereo outputs.

So, is there any plans for future updates giving us the ability do link and unlink all the outputs however we’d like?

If I purchase an AR84 stage box giving me another 4 outputs, could I stereo link those outputs perhaps?

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Firmware 1.8 is due out soon (a couple of weeks I think,) in which the preview videos show that you can use re-purpose the 2x stereo groups as pre-fade stereo sends, which would be useful for monitors. That would give you 5 stereo sends. Not sure if you can do the same with 2x stereo mtxs as well, but I think you’ll be able to, as I recall reading somewhere that you could have up to 7x stereo mixes with the new firmware. If you get the AR/AB stge boxes, you can patch whatever mix to whatever output you like. That doesn’t help you create the stereo mixes to patch there though. AFAIK you can’t link/unlink mix1-10, as on the non-pac Qu mixers there isn’t enough faders to do separate level control of each side of the stereo mixes.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

The sentence from the Qu Chrome Press Release said:

allowing Stereo Groups to be switched to Mix mode. This takes the maximum number of discrete monitor sends to 9 on Qu-24 (4 mono, 5 stereo) and 11 on Qu-32 and Qu-Pac (4 mono, 7 stereo)

So this is only Qu24/32/Pac and you trade Stereo Group for Stereo Mix.

Don Giuseppe
    Participant

first of all thanks for the replies. Sorry but im a bit confused. The Qu-Pac doesnt have group outputs on the console, so which outputs in the back would I use once they are switched to mix mode?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You may need a dSnake box then…

Don Giuseppe
    Participant

I dont really see how that would help. Both the AR84, and the AR 2412 stage boxes also dont have group outputs unlike the QU32. From the moment the console cant link or unlink any of the outputs whatsoever, i dont see how i could get the stereo group outputs coming out of mono outputs which cant be linked.

This would also go for the Matrix outputs which the qu-pac doesnt have.

Is it possible that they accidentally put the qu-pac on the press release as one of the consoles from the QU series of which will allow you to have this feature?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Outputs on the stagebox(es) are freely assignable. You can assign whatever you like in whichever order you prefer.

Don Giuseppe
    Participant

are you sure that this is the case when using a Qu-Pac and not just the QU32 or QU24?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sorry to repeat that phrase once again: Read the manual.
    Just take a look at the block diagram of the QuPac on Page 82. There are Groups and Matrices but no local connectors for these. Effectively the QuPac is a Qu32 without faders and without these connectors, but with the same set of features otherwise (with additional buttons in the UI, just to mention it).
    If that’s not enough proof, there’s also a sentence on page 18:

Qu-Pac – Same engine as Qu-32 but has 16 inputs and same outputs as Qu-16 available locally. Use dSNAKE to access the others.

sigh…

Don Giuseppe
    Participant

got it, thank you

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

you’re welcome! 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.