QU Pad + Internet Connection

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU Pad + Internet Connection

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I hope this isn’t too bobo of a question…

I have a router connected to my QU-16. The connection/interaction to Qu-Pad is flawless. Everything just works.

What I would like to do is be able to connect to Spotify for gigs where a random variety of music is called for. Obviously my router is hardwired into the QU-16. How do I add internet access to be able to run Spotify?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Plug an internet source into the WAN port of your router. Reboot the router so it finds the internet source.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I should have been more clear (sorry). Is there a way to do that part wirelessly? So for example, I go into a venue that has free WiFi, as most do, can I tap into that source wirelessly?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

There’s more at issue than the technical concerns:

Licensing

The free Spotify user agreement specifically limits use to “personal”. Using it for background/break music on paying gigs puts you in violation of the contract you signed to enable use of the free app.

OTOH, if you pay for Spotify you’re covered for such use…AND you can simply download all the music you need and not have to depend on the WiFi du jour for a likely iffy connection, so being a responsible, legally licensed user obviates the technical hassles.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Thanks, good to know. Admittedly I am one of those who does not always read the fine print.

That being said, outside of hardwiring to the router, I would still like to know how to achieve Internet access while for example, having an iPad connected to the QU-16. Is that even possible?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I use an Airport Express as my WAP and use the iPad “AirPlay” feature to stream break music via St3. Lots of folks do, I presume.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.