Qu-Pad inop with iOS 9.3.1

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Pad inop with iOS 9.3.1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of av8en1
    av8en1
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’m unable to connect Qu-Pad V1.81 (iPad Air mini, iOS 9.3.1.) It had been working fine until the iOS upgrade. Qu 16 firmware is at 1.82

The iPad connects to my wifi router just fine, as normal. When opened, the Qu-Pad app does not list my Qu 16’s wifi as a choice, only the Demo and Other selections.

Selecting Other, entering the Hostname, results in “Connection Failed / Connection Error”

Disabling DHCP on the Qu 16 and hard coding to 192.168.0.100 with the IP entered in the “Other” on QuPad gets the same connecting failed….

I have a gig this afternoon that I’d sure like to have that iPad working, if anyone can be of help.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I haven’t tried mine since iOS upgrade. Will this afternoon. For now try deleting the app and download again.

Profile photo of av8en1
    av8en1
    Participant

I have downloaded and reinstalled the QuPad app. No change.
    Tested my older IPad Air, also QuPad 1.81, with iOS 9.3.1, same failure mode.

I’d suspect my wifi router but the iPad connects to it, as it always has.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Didn’t realized there could have been an issue when updating my iPad last week and indeed it continued to work with my Qu32 on V1.80. Now, after the Show, I’ve updated the Qu to V1.82 and QuPad still seems to operate as expected.
    Did you try to delete and re-establish your WiFi signin?

Profile photo of av8en1
    av8en1
    Participant

Thanks guys. As I had updated the iPad and then it quit working, I assumed that was the culprit. Troubleshooting rule 3: what did I work on last?

(for those that have not heard my rules: 1: is it turned ON? 2: is it plugged in?)

Andreas, your comment that yours was alive & well with V1.82 and you had updated the iOS sent me back to the drawing board. I will now admit my mistake …. hoping that others might learn from my boo boo and not suffer the same fate:

It works better when you plug the desk into one of the data ports, not the WAN port. As the iPad connects as normal to the wifi router, it is easy to blame Apple.

As Homer Simpson would say: D’Ohs

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Glad you found it. That happened to me once. Dark venue and in a hurry.

I was getting ready to suggest that I hoped it wasn’t a failed network card or port on the mixer. I have sold a lot of QUs but only had one 24 that didn’t work on the iPad. Tried everything. Finally took my 16 to the site and plugged same cable into it and it was fine. AH got a replacement to me the next day and label to ship first one back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.