QU-Pad GEG Fader Control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-Pad GEG Fader Control

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I just downloaded the QU-Pad for my iPad. Nice work A&H!

I do have a request, It would be great to have the faders control each parameter of the PEQ. I read another post stating that this can be done with the PEQ. Is this true? If so, I can’t figure it out.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The GEQ can be controlled on the board by faders, and shows directly as faders on the App.

The PEQ has dials on the board, and a touch based interface on the app – slide the dot around (up and down for boost/cut, left and right for freq) pinch/spread to change the Q value (or use the “Width” bar)

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

First off, I apologize, I just re-read my post. It’s totally not what I wanted to say. I guess that’s what happens when you are in a hurry

The title of the post should have read:

QU-Pad GEQ Fader Control

The post should have read:

“I just downloaded the QU-Pad for my iPad. Nice work A&H!

I do have a request, It would be great to have the faders control each parameter of the GEQ via the iPad virtual faders. I read another post stating that this can be done with the PEQ. Is this true? If so, I can’t figure it out.”

I do realize that the faders on the QU-16 can control the GEQ, but I was hoping that A&H would add it to the QU-Pad so that the virtual faders could make the adjustments remotely from the iPad.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You can only view a few channels at a time on the iPad, so it would be cumbersome to be scrolling back and forth for GEQ fader control. The entire GEQ is available on-screen already. Once you get used to touching the desired band to actuate control and sliding your fingertip slightly to the side so you can better view the selected slider, you’ll be just fine.

All iPad slider functions will have finer (slower movement) control when your finger is moved off to the side. The farther off-center you are, the finer the control.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Thanks for that. I understand what you are saying, but I think in a soundcheck situation, having the larger virtual faders would be pretty cool. Scrolling between banks of faders on an iPad is pretty quick anyway. I guess that’s just the type of workflow I would prefer. Thanks again.

Dick Rees
    Participant

How and why are you using GEQ during sound check? That shouldn’t be part of the process. PEQ, yes, GEQ, no.

Mains and monitors should already be set via DSP for optimum performance, PEQ for fine tuning and (lastly) GEQ for gentle tweaking of the final mix.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I was thinking in terms of the tweaking of the final mix as well as killing feedback if/as necessary.

You bring up a good point. When you say “Mains and monitors should already be set via DSP for optimum performance” are you talking about something like a Dbx DriveRack, or are you saying that the QU-16 has that feature built-in as well?

Dick Rees
    Participant

Buy it, read it, read it, read it…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Lol, I hear you man. I am just excited that I will have the QU-16 by next week. I am in sponge mode. I will calm down with the stupid questions/comments after a while 🙂

Dick Rees
    Participant

Have fun.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.