QU-pad Gain control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-pad Gain control

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JimmyB JimmyB 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

I’m jim, new to the qu-16 and the forum
    I have a couple of questions.
    1. What exactly does the the preamp button on the gain control? What are the differences on vs off?

2. Is there any way to set the channel gain from the qu-pad app?

Thanks in advance.
    JimmyB

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You probably mean the USB button? See top of page 30 of the manual.
    Gain on the iPad app is a horizontal slider seen in the top tab left side when you select an input channel

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

“Gain on the iPad app is a horizontal slider seen in the top tab left side when you select an input channel”

Do you mean the slider clearly labeled GAIN?

/snarkasm

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

Yes, that’s the one. Damn, I’m an analog man in a digital world.
    Thanks guys…..

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Well, the Qu is a good transition for folks like you and me. Once you get your head around “virtual cabling”, you’ll find you’ve gained more than you’ve lost.

On the control front, Qu-pad surface features are very nice. Take the channel faders, gain sliders and other slider controls. A light touch (not a tap) to highlight the feature, then move your finger 90 degrees away from the slider and you’ll maintain control yet be able to see the slider. The distance you move away from the slider changes the response speed. The greater the distance, the slower (finer) the control of the adjustment.

A little practice with the app and you’ll be on the downhill side of the slope.

Good luck.

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

Thanks for that tip! I read the quick start that came with it. Gonna have to download the other two and do some serious studying.
    I had to laugh at my gain gaff. I was looking for a knob and couldn’t see that slider.
    Thanks. JimmyB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.