QU-Pad faders respond erratically.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-Pad faders respond erratically.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Freeza Freeza 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bru-Pri
    Bru-Pri
    Participant

Using an iPad and fader response is hit or miss when I go to bring any fader up or down. The issue does not happen with the Mixing Station app.
    Anyone else experience this?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Sounds like a sketchy WiFi connection. Try another wireless access point or router. Hide the SSID, so that other devices don’t ping it. Put the access point / router up on a high place so that you have a line-of-sight to it.

Profile photo of Bru-Pri
    Bru-Pri
    Participant

Wifi is rock solid. It seems to be the QU-pad app as I have no issue with Mixing Station. In QU, I move from one fader to master and back, I find my finger tips moving up and down above the fader control but occasionally no response. If I go deliberately slow (which does not work with in a live mixing situation) and take my time til the fader latches, it works fine. Never had this issue before either with Mackie or Behringer on the same iPad.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I find my finger tips moving up and down above the fader control but occasionally no response.

Yes, with the A&H apps you need to touch the fader for a moment first then you can move it. I always found that to be annoying and it took some getting used to. I guess the intent was to prevent accidental movements of faders. I would love to see the ability to disable this feature within the app.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

On the WIFI possible issue, you can still show a solid connection but if there is a flood of data traffic trying to hit your router/access point the connection will be slow or lost.

Are you using a dedicated router for the mixer or is this an install and your on the building network?

I hide the SSID and only use a 5g connection. Using a basic WIFI scanner app I also make
    sure I’m on the channel of another router or access point.

Profile photo of Bru-Pri
    Bru-Pri
    Participant

As I said, the issue is only with the Qu-Pad app. On the same iPad, Mixing Station works perfectly. It is a dedicated router.

Profile photo of Freeza
    Freeza
    Participant

I find that using QU-Pad app with iPad is pretty stable in general until it lags when I get out of the router range however, I have noticed that ‘touch’ becomes erratic when the iPad device is charging/plugged in at the same time the QU-Pad app is being used. (When connected to a qu mixer)

More specifically, with QuPad running and the iPad plugged in – all touch gestures slow down/become laggy and it seems like the iPad/Qu-Pad thinks my touch inputs are ‘double-taps’ which results in the copy/paste/reset dialogue appearing in Qu-Pad.

With the iPad not connected to a charger everything runs smoothly.

Is this something you also see (with reference to the OP?)

I’ve also ruled out any iPad accessibility settings

Freeza

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.