Qu-Pad Fader precision

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Qu-Pad Fader precision

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

From another thread:

Nicola. While you’re at it at some point could we get a fix for the GUI on both iPad apps for better fader control? I find the faders not easy to click and move and with small increments. I have tried a few other apps including the new Mackie app for their rack mixer. Much easier to move the faders. Much more precise. Larger buttons with defined arrows. I find I can jump a bunch of Dbs on this one just trying to move one.

I replied something along the lines of the precision improving as you moved away from the fader, and commented that of course you had to get away from the fader without triggering any large changes in level.

I can’t help but wonder if there is a trick being missed here – maybe the sideways movement could be detected and prevent fader adjustment, so that only movements which are “mostly” up/down adjust the fader, and “mostly” left/right don’t.
    Without an iPad here I can’t even tell you whether that is already what happens…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That quote was from me. I have found it difficult to accurately use either app without problems in precise movements of the faders. As another member noted. It is not an iPad or IOS problem since other manufacturers apps work much better in this area.

Also the method of setting up the PEQ on the qU app is clumsy. The dots are off screen to the left and you have to poke around to get them out of hiding not knowing which one you are grabbing. I guess if you have already engaged them from the console they will be in place but that is not always the case.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“Also the method of setting up the PEQ on the qU app is clumsy. The dots are off screen to the left and you have to poke around to get them out of hiding not knowing which one you are grabbing. I guess if you have already engaged them from the console they will be in place but that is not always the case.”

I find this only to be the case in the Demo. Connected to a real mixer, I’ve never had them off the side…. I suppose I could set them there if I wanted!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Oops. Mark. Maybe I missed that. I thought they were over there once when I started to use it. I have mainly used the GLD remote. Sorry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.