Qu-Pad fader issue

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Pad fader issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robbocurry robbocurry 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ian.hind
    ian.hind
    Participant

Qu-Pad is having issues with movement. When trying to move a fader or anything sometimes it takes 3-5 times to “engage” movement. Selecting a channel is no problem and works every time, but the actual movement of something just doesn’t work over 50% of the time.

Router link is solid as a rock, as I can select anything immediately and my LED’s on Qu-Pad are running flawless so I know the connection is excellent.

Very frustrating when on stage trying to ring out monitors and it takes multiple attempts to move things.

I went from an iPad 3 to an iPad Air 2, so I’m not sure if it’s the change of iPad, or if it was a Qu-Pad update?

This setup was working flawless before one of those two changes.

Yes, latest Qu-Pad version, and latest Qu-16 firmware.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Just for starters try deleting the app then reloading it from purchased apps on App Store. I have seen issues with various apps that were corrected with that.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve cured poor iPad touchscreen reactions by properly cleaning both the screen & my fingers. Mic leads, stages etc are often not the cleanest things & I think I may sometimes end up getting crud on the iPad!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

IME, callouses can reduce the touch response. I sometimes need to wet my fingertip a tad or use a stylus.

There are also differences between “tap” and “touch”. I find a tap to be the best for selection and a lingering touch best for fader control.

Neither need be at all forceful…

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

+1 to what Mark & Dick have said:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.