QU-Pad Fader Issue

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-Pad Fader Issue

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jere
    Jere
    Participant

I’m using a QU-32. Worked perfectly for about a month. Since then, I have a fairly consistent intermittent 🙂 issue.

When using QU-Pad on an iPad, fader Ch10 gets “stuck” in one position. I move the fader on the iPad but it doesn’t move on the mixer. I’ve confirmed the same issue on a second iPad as well as on an iPhone using QU-You. It fails to move regardless of which Mix is selected.

Mechanically, the fader appears to be fine. I can easily manually move it at the mixer. It always successfully adjusts when I recall a scene or when I flip between layers. It successfully adjusts when I manually select different mixes as well.

I’ve uploaded the latest firmware version (1.97). I’m running v1.95 of the QU app. I did a factory reset of the mixer. I’ve recalibrated the faders.

Any thoughts on what to try next, or do I reconcile myself to having a 31 channel mixer (I do all my mixing remotely using the iPad app…).

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you move the fader on the mixer does it show the movement on the iPad?

If I understand correctly on the mixer surface the CH.10 fader works fine.

Profile photo of Jere
    Jere
    Participant

Yes, that’s correct. When I manually adjust the CH 10 fader on the mixer the CH 10 fader on the iPad also correctly adjusts. But not vice-versa. And, if I recall a scene the fader correctly positions itself to the setting in the scene. Or if I flip between layers it will also correctly adjust…

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Maybe useless but have you tried another wireless device ?

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Jere
    Jere
    Participant

Unfortunately, yes. Same issue on two different iPads, and on an iPhone…

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Very odd that the fader seems to function perfect on the mixer and you can see it respond
    on the app.
    How do the mix modes sends respond on the iPad for Ch.10?

Just guessing but maybe there is a feedback data circuit on the faders just for remote operation??????

For the sake of process of elimination have you tried a different WIFI router?
    Have you tried removing and re installing the app?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

What happens if you link channels 9 & 10 and move either fader on the iPad?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Is channel 10 assigned to the mixes you’re trying to adjust?

Profile photo of Jere
    Jere
    Participant

CH 10 also corresponds with Grps3-4 Master. The Grps 3-4 Master also has the same issue.

I haven’t tried swapping out the router yet. I just bought another router though for use with a QU-24 and will unbox it and set it up later this week. Although, I’d be shocked if the router somehow played a role.

And I’ve removed the app and reinstalled it numerous times. It fails on multiple iPads and use QU Control on an iPhone.

Channel 10 is assigned to all mixes, and it fails in the same way on all mixes.

I linked CH 9 and 10 together. After linking, I am able to successfully adjust the linked pair using either the CH 9 or CH 10 fader on the iPad. In other words, the problem goes away when linked. After unlinking, the problem returns for CH 10.

I’ve even done a hard system reset and tested without any scenes or other customizations. Still fails.

It feels like it must be something in interface where the Cat 5 Network connection connects into the rest of the circuitry.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Well, a workaround for now could then be to assign a stereo pair of inputs you’re already using to 9 and 10 then.

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

From your first post it sounds like your mixer is only about a month old, in that case you do need to use 1.97. If it is older like built before Feb. 2022 you could try an older version of firmware.

Are you using any stage box with the mixer?

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello Jere,

Do you have any other app open in the back of your iPad? If so, please close all other apps and leave open only the Qu-Pad app.
    Are there any other devices connected to your router’s network? Make sure that there isn’t any third party devices connected on the network.
    Do you have your mixer connected to your computer as well? Any chance of having an app or DAW sending a MIDI command to that fader to be on that position?

Cheers,
    Rafa

Profile photo of Jere
    Jere
    Participant

Hello Rafa,

No, the only app open on the iPad is the QU-Pad. And I even start from a cold boot with the iPad so it is unlikely to be something with the iPad itself. And of course the issue occurs on multiple iPads and an iPhone.

I’m using a wi-fi router with a unique network name and password that only my iOS devices are configured to be able to connect to.

There isn’t any additional equipment being connected to the router or the mixer. No computers, inserts, or anything. I only use it for microphones and to play music via an iPod. But, I’ve also tested it with zero inputs/outputs connected and it has the same issue.

Profile photo of Jere
    Jere
    Participant

Ok, here is my latest update on this issue. It’s fixed. The issue has completely gone away. And I have no idea why because it simply started working as expected last week without my having done anything since my last update. Very frustrating given that it consistently failed as described for well over 6 months at every gig I used the mixer.

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @Jere,

I’m glad to know that the issue was solved.
    Did anything in your setup, configuration, Scene/Show change?
    iOS updates on your iPad?

If the issue comes back (Let’s hope not), please send us a message to Support@allen-heath.com and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot and investigate further.

Thank you,
    Rafa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.