Qu pad connection.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu pad connection.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 8 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jun
    Jun
    Participant

I also checked it but there is no value in it even after setting up the router.
    Pls see attach. I am beginning to think there is a defect in my newly bought QuPac.
    Or should I reset & re-install the firmware.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That’s the screen I meant.

Ok, if that’s not getting an IP but a laptop on the same cable, in the same port, does then you have an issue. It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve seen a dodgy internal network cable.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Really sure the cable is in the QuPac’s LAN port not the dSnake port?

Profile photo of Jun
    Jun
    Participant

Thanks Andreas, yes I’m hundred percent sure.
    Maybe i would need to reinstall the firmware.
    I have tried so many options already but still no success.

Thanks Bob for all the kind help you have given me.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I’m going to jump into this. I have no problem setting the connection up and controlling the mixer through the qu-pad app. My problem is that the connection only lasts for a few minutes, 10 minutes MAX before it suddenly drops out. The activity light on the ethernet port is not lit anymore. The only way for me to reconnect is to unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in. When i do that once (sometimes twice) the activity light starts blinking again and i am able to briefly connect through the qu-pad app once again before the process repeats itself. This is an early qu-16 i am using, at the latest firmware, this problem has persisted throughout all of the firmware and qu-pad updates for me. I am using a airport express also, per the suggestion of allen and heath. Is this a known issue that was resolved in the chrome edition qu’s?

I’ve been hoping firmware updates would fix this for a long time, and i am starting to get frustrated not being able to maintain a reliable connection through qu-pad. Thus not being able to utilize one of the features that is most important to me, being able to control the mixer from anywhere in the room.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@dave: Sounds like the Bad-Ethernet-Cable-Issue we saw from time to time.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Thanks, i will try with a different cable. I would be very pleased, and also feel kind of dumb if that solves the problem.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@dave: The thread is about the internal cables. But checking operation with a different cable may help as well.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Thanks for the info, i didnt realize there was a link in your first post. I spoke with a AH dealer briefly today about it hoping to find out more soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.