Qu-pad connection error

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-pad connection error

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MADMAX MADMAX 7 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gravitydood
    Gravitydood
    Participant

Hi all
    When trying to connect Qu pad to qu 16 I get – connection failed connection error.
    Ethernet Comms seem to be working as I can see the desk on qu-pad opening screen.
    Qu pad version 1.80
    iOS 8.4
    Qu-pad version 1.80

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Wayne

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

my suggestion is update to the latest ios

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

@wmrand68 Hi Wayne, did you manage to resolve this issue?
    If not I’d suggest going through Qu Router Setup steps: https://youtu.be/TgqOVdwvscA
    Let me know if this solves the problem.

Profile photo of Gravitydood
    Gravitydood
    Participant

Hi Harry

Thanks for the info. The desk was not mine, I was using it for a short tour which has now finished. The owner of the desk and I are going to revisit the Qu Pad app at a later date. Although I forgot to check the desk version firmware version number during the tour, I am positive that mismatched version numbers between the Qu-Pad app and the desk firmware veraion number will be the issue.
    I will let you know how I go.

Cheers

Wayne

Profile photo of KevinB
    KevinB
    Participant

Hello,

I am having the same problem listed above. I have V.1.91 QuPad and V 1.70 QU-16.

I have used the Qu-Pad in the past with no issues. Now getting Connection Error.

When wi-fi is enabled, I see QU-16 as an available unit, so it does recognize the QU-16, I just receive the “Connection Error” when I press connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Kevin

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That’s an old version of the QU-16 firmware. The desk and iPad should be running the same version – so 1.9something on both.

Update the desk and your problems will be gone.

Profile photo of KevinB
    KevinB
    Participant

Thanks Mark! That was it. Works like a charm! I suppose the Q Pad must have auto updated. The only explanation I have as to why it worked previously.

Thanks again!

Kevin

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Question to A&H – is there enough common data in the handshake for the app to be able to say “Mismatch of firmware version between desk and iDevice”?

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hey Bob:
    That’s exactly what happened to me last week. I opened up Qu-Pad v1.9 on a Qu-24 that I installed in a church and it said “version mis-match”, as the board was on v1.8. I updated the board to v1.9 and everything worked perfectly. Also make sure the router is powered up before the board, so that the board “sees” the router.

-Mark

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Time to log in and remind one and all once again:

TURN OFF AUTO-UPDATE ON YOUR iPad!!!

While I personally have little patience with those who blame manufacturers for OE, it cheeses me off that Apple buries the auto-update in iTunes instead of placing it on a higher, more sensible layer of device configuration. Additionally, default setting should be OFF and enabling auto-update should be by user choice, not Apple dictate.

/rant

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Good that QuOadbalreadybsays this…

As for apple – you really should be able to ‘hold’ one app, and ‘revert’ at least one version….

Profile photo of MADMAX
    MADMAX
    Participant

just wondering i have 1.9 version in q 24, ipad shows version 1.91 getting connection error how can i get around this

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.