QU-Pad Confusion

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-Pad Confusion

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wildman
    wildman
    Participant

After over a year of using my QU 16 with my band without QU-PAD, I recently decided to give it a try. I purchased an Airport Express and configured a private LAN (10.0.1.1) with just the QU 16 and my iPad. I can connect up fine and I can control the QU 16, to a point. If I have the main strip on the right hand side of QU 16 set for LR and I select LR on QU-pad, I can control things fine on that level. If I try to switch to say Mix 1, or Fx1, or Mix 2, etc. on QU-Pad the QU 16 does not change states and I can not control things for that mode from the QU-PAD. If I manually reach over and select a different mode on the main board surface, say Mix 3, then I can control Mix 3 settings from the QU-Pad. If I make changes on the QU-Pad screen in a mode that has not been physically selected on the main board surface, when I switch to that mode using the physical switch on the main board, it jumps to the settings I have on the QU-Pad app.

Shouldn’t I be able to change modes from QU-PAD. It almost acts like a permissions issue but I have never set up permissions on the QU-16 and I am signed in as Admin on the QU 16 and the QU-Pad. What am I missing? Any help greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Which firmware in the console? Which version of Qu-pad? Do they match up?

Profile photo of wildman
    wildman
    Participant

Thanks for checking in Dick. Both are Ver 1.90 and match.

Edit – Upon further review, the iPad app is Ver 1.91 and the QU is Ver 1.90. I will upgrade the QU to Ver 1.91 tomorrow to see if that makes a difference. I’ll come back with an update.

Thanks again!

Dick Rees
    Participant

Re-reading your first post it would seem that everything is working per usual. You DO have the control you seek, but the console only “updates” to the current settings when you physically select the bus on the console as evidenced by the board “jumping” to the Qu-pad settings.

So relax. It’s normal and makes sense after a while…

Profile photo of Shmoe
    Shmoe
    Participant

Could you walk me through how you set up the Express to work with you Qu-16. I have a v.2 Express (802.11n) but no luck in setting up a private LAN.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

Dick Rees
    Participant

Typing “Airport Express” into the Search bar yielded the following thread:

Qu Pad and Airport express

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

19 Frets: if you think about it, it makes sense; suppose one guy is working on the desk and the other is walking around with the Ipad. It wouldn’t be convenient if the workingscreen or vice versa the desk would follow what the other was doing now would it ? What matters is that the requested changes in levels etc. take place.

Giga

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Working as designed. You have two independent interfaces to the same mixer…

The surface is just a local ‘wired’ interface, there is no audio running through those faders….

The iPad (or second iPad, various QuControl/QuYou apps on other devices) is also an interface, it just happens to be wireless.

The iPad has mix selection available, and custom layers – which have noting to do with the selection on the desk, or the custom layer on the desk…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.