Qu-Pad can't control soft keys

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Pad can't control soft keys

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ian.hind
    ian.hind
    Participant

I have mute groups assigned on my QU

QU into a wireless router

iPad 3 using WiFi

Nothing else is on the network, just those two things

Everything works perfect from QU to iPad, except it will not control Soft Keys

Regular mute’s, PAFL’s, all faders and buttons work flawless

It’s only the soft keys 1-4 that don’t respond either way (hit on QU, doesn’t show on iPad, hit on iPad doesn’t show on QU)

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Soft keys aren’t displayed on the QuPad.

Mute groups work fine on mine, I tend to have all four on one strip on a custom layer – are they assigned to your soft keys?

Profile photo of ian.hind
    ian.hind
    Participant

Yes, they won’t work for my mute groups for some reason. Both ways does nothing

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Where are you checking the mute groups on the Qu from? A sure place to check them is on the Home screen. Softkeys can be unassigned.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Read the manual. Try again.

If you follow the instructions, it WILL work, but you still won’t find any soft key control access from the Qu-pad app. It’s not there.

Remember you have to select the function for the soft key AND assign channels to the mute group. You mute a group on the iPad from a Mute Group channel strip placed in one of the custom layers or by selecting “Mute Group” in the selection strip on the left side of the Qu-pad app on your iPad.

If you’ve selected Mute Group as the function of your soft key and populated that Group with the desired channels you should be all set. You can activate the muting in several locations after this:

Soft Key
    Console touch screen
    iPad Mute Group
    iPad Custom layer Mute group channel strip

Good luck. You’ll figure it out…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.