Qu Pad and Airport express

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu Pad and Airport express

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mamerica mamerica 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just tested my iPad mini retina to an ASUS range extender off my main cable modem. Extender Ethernet plugged to network rj45 on the mixer. Works perfect everytime. Have used it with other wireless routers and modems but not with an Apple AE. I assume you realize you have to go to your settings app on the iPad and in Wifi select your AE.

Profile photo of BONGKARMA
    BONGKARMA
    Participant

Yes, I have the Airport selected in my wifi settings on the ipad. thats what puzzles me, i can select the airport but when i start the Qu-pad app it will not show the Qu-24 on the list. I only see Demo and Other in the Qu-pad app. I’ve tryed to set the ip address to match the mixer on the Qu-pad app but it will not connect. also when i turn my mixer off the airport express loses its connection. so i believe it is connected to the QU-24.

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

On page 1 of this topic, I posted a PDF with step-by-step instructions (with screen caps) on how I set mine up. It might help.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Try mamerica’s setup first. See if that works. I don’t claim to be a router or IT expert. I usually manage to get them working eventually. My troubleshooting would be simple first. Change ethernet cable. Reload the APP. Check wifi info on the router on the iPad. DHCP on. HTTP proxy off. Try renewing the lease. Then do hard reset if possible on the router and reconfigure it with computer as when new. See if there is a firewall setting I would probably turn it off. Worst case then would be get another router. All this is assuming the console network section is ok.

Profile photo of Dcrann11
    Dcrann11
    Participant

Ok – I struggled with this for quite some time with my gen 1 AE

Here’s what worked for me – as soon as I switched the setting to JOIN EXISTING NETWORK (my home wifi)- instead of CREATING A CLOSED NETWORK- it joined immediately. No idea why. None of the other steps worked for me unfortunately as listed earlier.

Profile photo of BONGKARMA
    BONGKARMA
    Participant

Ok, got up this morning and purchased a new wireless router. (Netgear N600 duel band)
    pluged everything in like the netgear booklit listed and had my network up and running in 2 min. took the cat5 cable out of the modem and plugged it into the Qu-24 (make sure you move the cat5 cable to the pass though connection on the Router) turned on my ipad and started the App. What do you know? everything worked! Qu-pad app looks and works Great!

Thanks for all the replys and help.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Glad you got it going. Something in the AE just set wrong probably.

Have fun with it now.

Profile photo of Dcrann11
    Dcrann11
    Participant

I’m back to square one unfortunately. As soon as I left my house I couldn’t connect anymore. I am using an new iPad Air but am completely fed up with trying to make an airport express work with my qu16.

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

There is an issue with the very early versions (1st Gen) of the Airport Express routers. The kind that can plug directly into the wall. I have a newer one (a couple of years old) and it works great. A friend from this community brought his 1st Gen to my house to see if we could get it to work. We spent a couple of hours on it but to no avail. He bought a new one on the way home for $100 and he was up and running in five minutes.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.