QU-Pad 1.8 with QU-16 1.7 – WHY

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-Pad 1.8 with QU-16 1.7 – WHY

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

My iPad QU-Pad was updated to 1.8 while my mixer has 1.7. I do not want to update the mixer to 1.8 yet until after our show tomorrow. Is there any workaround to using QU-Pad? While I really like the mixer and ipad app, forcing users to have to upgrade the mixer and not making the iPad app backwards compatibile is a horrible decision by the development team, IMO. That is, unless there is a workaround I can’t seem to find in my searches.

Any thoughts?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Short answer is NO. Sorry.

I had to drive to a church yesterday and update their Q32 for same reason. Guys had done updates on IPads not knowing it wouldn’t work.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

I see it more of a limitation than a design decision. They are distinctly separate versions, and features are not necessarily just added on top, things can change underneath. A good example of this is the new communication protocol that allows multi-client communication.

Why don’t we blame Apple for not allowing users to downgrade Qu-Pad to an older version? That would be the best solution. Until that changes, the responsibility is on you to not update Qu-Pad.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Although I still think A&H could, in light of Apple’s idiocy, release numbered versions as well as the “latest” version…

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Any thoughts?s

Never let Apple getcha with their gotcha. Go to iTunes and disable automatic updates. I assume you got back-doored by them on this.

Don’t let it happen again.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I understand your hesitancy about upgrading before a gig, but I’ve done at least ten firmware updates over three different QU’s and never had a glitch.
    Version 1.8x has been working fine for me with no hiccups. I suppose it’s down to how much you really need to use the iPad at your next gig….
    Personally I’d do the upgrade!

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Bob,

Whether Apple would allow what could effectively in their eyes be multiple versions of the same app is questionable.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have upgraded 4 consoles in the last couple of weeks with 1.82. All went well. Just seems like it takes a lot longer so be patient.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, that is the question – but even Apple can’t be that stupid..

Oh no, they could be and they would be.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Turn off the automatic updates. Not all of them are a good thing.

Nothing to do with A&H, but I’ve “lost” quite useful app that changed from free, to a subscription service when I “updated it. Apparently, the older version is still working fine several years later with no charges, but there’s no way I can go back to it. Since then, I tend to at least read the notes & often read new reviews too before hitting the update button.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.