Qu Pac Wifi Connection

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Pac Wifi Connection

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nick Nick 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Hi guys I’ve just ordered a Qu Pac today and I’m looking forward to receiving it.

I run live music events at different venues and Ive been reading up on how to connect the Qu Pac mixer/iPad up. I had a thought today that sometimes the wifi at these venues have login pages (cloud login or o2 login if you live in the UK) I’m just getting a bit concerned at how I would connect the mixer up if that is the case because it wouldn’t be a case of just submitting a password, also my setup is hardly ever going to be near an Ethernet socket. Does anyone here have any issues connecting to the free wifi points or does anyone have any recommendations.

Maybe I haven’t looked into it enough as I’m still researching so apologies if that’s the case, I’m just trying to plan ahead so I can avoid any complications.

Many Thanks
    Nick

Profile photo of Greg
    Greg
    Participant

I put a small wifi router in the rack with my QuPac so that I always have LAN connectivity between my iPad and QuPac. Internet/WAN access is not required (though it can be a convenience).

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You wouldn’t be connecting your audio equipment to the public wifi, or to the internet. You could actually do this, which would involve running a network cable from your mixer into the venues access point, if it had a free connection, but then everyone on the network could connect to your mixer if they had the app. 🙂 You could also see a drop in network performance when the audience showed up and started facebooking etc.

What you do is buy your own access point, connect it to your mixer with an ethernet cable, and then connect your ipad to that network. You may have an old ISP provided router lying around which will be fine for testing, and for small events.

I use a TP Link WD8980 for various things, which is about £30 on ebay. I’ve never had any issues with it.

Chris

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Ok thanks for that so is it pretty straight forward to connect them up?

Someone mentioned before about getting an Apple Airport Express

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Ok Chris thanks for that I’ll look one up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.