Qu-Pac Studio/Live Anyone?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Pac Studio/Live Anyone?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ben Ben 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Anyone using a Qu-Pac both live and in the studio? I am considering using it as my main interface replacing my Presonus Audiobox 1818 VSL. Should I be concerned with the lower sample rate or are there other redeeming qualities in the mic pres maybe that my recording quality should not be diminished? Any unexpected issues or benefits to recording with the pac? I see that there are very good reviews as to mixing with the ipad though I still have concerns as I use a Soundcraft Expression 3 an use the iPad for monitor mixes on stage but quickly grab the faders when I can. Are there any functions not controllable on the iPad? From what I understand, there is no OSx software so in the studio I either have to fire up the ipad or control from the front panel and not on the computer which might have been nice.

Profile photo of StrokerRED
    StrokerRED
    Participant

I’m using the Qu16 both live and in the studio, so far just to record band practice. I used it as a replacement for 1818vsl also. It’s way more intuitive and easier to make separate mixes for monitoring and outputs. I have not done much to determine the quality of the mic pres, but for what I have done, just recording practices with dynamic live mics, it sounds just as good or better. Setting it up with the Ipad should me no problem and then saving it as a scene called recording and everything should stay right where you left it when you go from live to a studio environment. I record directly into Reaper and it’s pretty seamless, didn’t take long to get it all set up and sounding good.

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Ah that makes sense and saving the scene should make it incredibly easy to just run. I’m running Logic X and have no issues setting up any interface with it. I think this is my main unit. I was considering an analog unit for the studio like the new Soundcraft MTK or Zed16 but having a good digital mixer for live use too seems like a good solution. I’m also considering the Qu-16 or Qu-24 and using the iPad to mix live, keeping it on stage.

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Does anyone have experience with the Qu-Pac and the Presonus RM32AI?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.