QU-Pac Select Keys – What can be assigned to them?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-Pac Select Keys – What can be assigned to them?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rpalmer68
    rpalmer68
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking at purchasing a Qu-Pac for our primary school, but I need to make the system VERY simply for the teachers to sue for general day to day use.

I will have 3 mics connected to inputs 1-3, and 3 overhead stage mics connected to inputs 4-6, plus stereo sources connected to ST1 and ST2.

I plan to assign the overhead mics to a group so they can be controlled on one fader.

My question is:

Can I assign Mics 1-3, the overhead mic group and the two ST1 and ST2 sources to the Custom Assignable Select keys along the bottom of the Qu-Pac so then the teachers can just press the button for the source and then use the rotary control knob to adjust the volume/level for that source?

Or is there a better way of doing this, perhaps with the QU-Control screen?

Many thanks
    Richard

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Yes, the select buttons can be assigned as you want.

Yes, Qu-Control is probably a better way of doing it, as you can then lock to that screen & avoid any “unwanted” functions being available.

rpalmer68
    Participant

Thanks Mark,

I’ll take a closer look at the qu-control option.

I misread the blurb and thought I could only have 5 buttons on the screen but it is 5 tabs, so I can actually have all the channels / groups etc I need presented. An advantage of using the select buttons is I can stick decent labels on the unit rather than the short 6 characters the screen will display.

Guess I can go ahead and get a unit ordered and start playing once it arrives.

Cheers
    Richard

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Q Control will be your friend! I did about the same thing
    for a school gym installation giving then predefined controls via Q Control.
    I also put the QU Pac on the building network so the people that need
    to can log in and control the system with their phone.

rpalmer68
    Participant

Thanks Mike.

rpalmer68
    Participant

Hey Mike,

You are right, Qu-Cntrol on the front of the unit is exactly what I need.

Just one question, is there a way of the unit going into Qu-control automatically from boot, so the users don’t have to log in manually?

Thanks
    Richard

rpalmer68
    Participant

To answer my own question for the benefit of others.

I set passwords for admin and standard users and no password for basic and set basic to qu-control with a default scene.

I then logged into the qu-pac as the basic user.

Now on power up it goes straight into qu-control as the basic user.

Richard

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

That’s what I did with the set up where I needed to only have Q Control accessible.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.