Qu Pac multitrack recording, low volume

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu Pac multitrack recording, low volume

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sternenlicht Sternenlicht 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sternenlicht
    Sternenlicht
    Participant

Hi,

i have a problem with the multitrack recording – the stero sum from the main channels seem to be fine, i.e. the overall mix is loud – but the individual tracks seem of too low volume. I record a drum computer and the kick is loud on the summed recording, but the individual track with the kick drum seems of too low volume.

Are the individual tracks not recorded with the current compressor settings? I.e. is the input recorded (naked) ?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Which tap are you looking at.

What do you mean by ‘too low’

There is a lot of room between the nominal zero and 0dBFS.

Sternenlicht
    Participant

I actually check the recorded WAV file, and the overall loudness seems to be fine for the main out recording (-6 db) , but the file which records only the kick has a db of like seems to have very low volume.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sternenlicht
    Participant

This is from the same take, but track 18 which is the main output, right side (mono)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sternenlicht
    Participant

Ok, i got it sorted – its in the manual :/ But i got some nice person in a different forum who gave me the needed insight. I needed to adjust the direct out trim – and the direct out on the routing page could be set to post EQ or post compressor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.