QU PAC FX – Reboot solution

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU PAC FX – Reboot solution

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I have owned my QU PAC for over a year and have been very happy with it. Nice small footprint on stage, easy to transport in its rack, natural choice when it came to choosing a rack mount mixer already owning the QU16 ( which I still have and take to the shows as back-up)
    Anyway, something that has happened a few times ( so maybe 1 out of every 8-10 shows), is that if I load a scene, everything loads and plays fine except for the FX. All channels are dry no matter what I assign or how much I move the faders. Nothing shows in the meters. If I re-boot the QU PAC and re select the scene, FX work fine and the show goes on without a hitch….the re-boot works every time.
    Because I know the ‘fix’, I haven’t paid it too much mind because once I get everything up and running, I forget about it – till the next time.
    The guys catch it in their iems during the ‘silent’ sound check. It happened again last night and even the guitarist shouted over – Hey Deb, QU needs a re-boot!!!
    Is this ‘normal’? … No other problems appear to exist – just this weird issue.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Cannot answer your question, but I had experienced a similar problem about two years ago whilst doing FOH at an outside gig for a band I know. Prior to the gig, I had set up another FX scene for the singer of this band as he liked that big stadium type reverb. Halfway through their show, his vocals went dry and no matter what I did I couldn’t get his saved FX scene to work, so I loaded up my bands FX scene and that worked just fine.

The day after I set up the desk again and the problem was still there, I couldn’t figure out why it had suddenly stopped working, nor could I get it to work. I performed a “Hard Reset” of the desk and reloaded all my scenes plus the FX scenes back into the QU-16, everything worked as per normal and this fault has never appeared since.

Anything can happen when you have basically a PC at the core. 🙂

Profile photo of jraymond
    jraymond
    Participant

I had this happen to me on the Qu-16 a couple times.
    Turned on the Qu and no effects on vocals, checked send faders etc and everything looked right.

I switched back to an old scene that I knew had reverb then switched back to the current scene and reverb was working.

debzdoodle
    Participant

OK… thanks for the comments. Sounds like it is something that happens from time to time with the QU series.

On reflection….a similar thing happened to my QU16 when I first got it (3 years ago) where the problem was NOT corrected with a re-boot. Same thing where there was suddenly no FX on a particular scene – but re-booting it made no difference – so that scene never recovered and I had to rebuild the scene and delete the bad one. I didn’t think about that till now.

Would be nice to have that put right on a firmware update perhaps………

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Seems very intermittent. If someone has a scene that does it even 10% of the time I am sure A&H support would like to look at it… but it’s hard to track this sort of thing down…

debzdoodle
    Participant

It sure is weird that it has only been the FX on both boards for me – and nothing else. I cannot remember any other problems.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Touch wood apart from an earlier FW problem were linking channels would cause the QU’s master volume to turn up on its own I haven’t had any other problems. Been a great servant so far, a real pleasure to work with.

debzdoodle
    Participant

LOL – you just reminded me – I forgot that one ….had that problem too with 2 linked channels at a show. It was a ‘ghostly’ experience. The very next firmware update corrected it. But I still love working with the QU series mixers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.