QU-PAC digital noise when multitrack recording to USB stick

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-PAC digital noise when multitrack recording to USB stick

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of xiim
    xiim
    Participant

Hi!
    I have issue with digital noise. I record (multitrack) my music to USB drive/stick. I format drive before every session, as A&H recommends.
    I’ve always heard a bit this digital noise during recording session (which come in my opinion from USB stick, at least I hear it at the same time when USB light flashes), but I haven’t heard it later on my recordings. But now I started to record also from ST3 (front panel stereo input) and recordings from ST3 channel there is also digital noise is recorded 🙁
    Is it general problem? Is there anything I can do?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Since ST3 is used for USB drive playback, there must be some sort of internal electrical noise isolation problem. Workaround: don’t use ST3 while recording.

Profile photo of xiim
    xiim
    Participant

Aha, so ST3 is basically useless input?
    Wonder if A&H support knows this?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@xiim

No, not useless; but less useful than we would like it to be.

We record to a video camera via a matrix output and to a cd recorder from the secondary LR output.
    There is some noise on the camera, but none reported on the CD. We think the noise may be due to the camera circuits.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I would not call ST3 a useless input. In the pre amp menu you can select ST3
    to be the 1/8 inch stereo front panel input or the USB stick stereo playback.
    I use it as the USB playback.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.