Qu-Pac Custom layers

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Pac Custom layers

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Hello to the collective Allen Heath minds out there. I am finally getting around to working with the Custom Layer on the Qu-Pac using my iPad. The manual references synchronizing a Qu-Pad custom layer to the mixer custom layer but nowhere on my iPad nor on the Qu-Pac can I find the referenced iPad settings menu “Qu-Pad” item. I know this has to be simple but my 73 year old brain is having a problem with it. Any help will be appreciated. I am running the current firmware on both the Qu-Pac and iPad.

You can synchronise one of the Qu-Pad custom layers to the mixer custom layer using an iPad option:
    Custom tab 1 follows Qu custom layer option – Go to the iPad Settings menu ‘Qu-Pad’ item:
     Off (default) = Qu-Pad presents ‘Custom 1’, ‘Custom 2’, ‘Custom 3’. These are independent of the mixer custom layer.
     On = Qu-Pad presents ‘Custom Layer’, ‘Custom 2’, ‘Custom 3’. ‘Custom Layer’ is the same as the mixer custom layer.
    ‘Custom Layer’ can be assigned using Qu-Pad

Thanks for the help, Phil

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The custom layers on the QU Pad app can not be sent back to the mixer, the QU Pad app custom layers stay with the iPad, kind of handy for larger shows using two iPads you have six layers.

As you have found you can set the QU Pad app custom layer 1 to follow the mixers custom layer.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

What I have not found is how to make the pad follow the Qu-Pac custom layer. The documentation is not clear to me.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

My problem is that I have not a clue where the iPad Settings Menu referenced below is located. I have been through every menu on the Qu-Pac itself as well as all of the menu items in the Qu-Pad app and find nothing even close to that name or function. I have a Custom layer that I would like to have as Custom layer 1 on my iPad but getting it from toe Qu-Pac to the iPad at this point eludes me. I would surely appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Custom tab 1 follows Qu custom layer option – Go to the iPad Settings menu ‘Qu-Pad’ item:
     Off (default) = Qu-Pad presents ‘Custom 1’, ‘Custom 2’, ‘Custom 3’. These are independent of the mixer custom layer.
     On = Qu-Pad presents ‘Custom Layer’, ‘Custom 2’, ‘Custom 3’. ‘Custom Layer’ is the same as the mixer custom layer.
    ‘Custom Layer’ can be assigned using Qu-Pad

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I was finally able to locate the iPad setting menu. Apps were not being displayed on the iPad Settings screen as they should have been. I closed all apps and the Qu-Pad app and others that I use appeared. What a weird problem. All is well and I have my Custom App available on the iPad finally.

THanks, Phil

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Notice that from now on it’s important to save the scene you’re using customlayer 1 in before switching to another scene. Otherwise you’ll loose your work.

Good luck, happy for you it got sorted !

Giga

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks Giga, I have a soft key assigned to save the current scene. It is nice getting back into the Qu-PAC again after not having used it much for the last two years.

Profile photo of JohnK
    JohnK
    Participant

Are we still limited to 3 custom layers on Qu-Pad? I could use 4 … Thx.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Yes. You can however scroll sideways to populate and see more channels. Also, I noticed my 10,5″ iPad shows 9 channels instead of 8 on the smaller iPads.

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I don’t know if any of the third party apps offer more or not.

A couple times where I needed more custom layers on the app I set it to follow the
    mixers custom layer, built the needed custom layers and save each to scene, blocked
    all the other changes and recalled the layer scenes as needed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.