Qu-Pac – Changed Group 1-2 and 3-4 to Mix mode. Now how to patch??

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Pac – Changed Group 1-2 and 3-4 to Mix mode. Now how to patch??

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I need 5 Stereo Outs for In Ear Monitors. I was able to turn group 1-2 and 3-4 to extra mixes. Now, how do I assign the mixes to the physical outputs on the back of the console. I looked all through the manual (and it’s possible that I missed it)… I searched the forum, but it’s also possible that my keywords aren’t hitting.

Any help??

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I believe the only way to assign extra stereo mixes once changed from groups is by using a D snake. There is no other way to get the extra physical stereo outputs. This is what I do.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Oh man. I hope that’s not it. It seems like it would be easy enough for that to be programmed. Total bummer. We may have to sell our rack. If it had that, it would be perfect.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

It will be a little awkward, but you could use mix1+mix2 and mix3+mix4 as stereo pairs instead of using the groups. Use the channel faders in the mix pairs for pan control.

debzdoodle
    Participant

Just thought… you can gain one stereo out by assigning the extra mix ( that was changed from group) to alt out. That will give you one more stereo mix without any added hardware but to get any more you’ll have to use a d snake. As garyh suggested you can get stereo mixes by using 2 mono mixes but it really is a huge PIA to do.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Where does Alt out patch to? Right now we are planning on using Stereo L/R out (since it’s an in ear rig only) as an extra. Im going to dive back into the manual, but I’d love it if you replied too just in case I miss it somehow. Thanks so much!!

debzdoodle
    Participant

Then you have enough! Assign a group/mix to alt out and use LR as the last mix and now you have 5 stereo mixes. Alt out is trs out and has volume knob just below phones knob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.