Qu-Pac and Audacity problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Pac and Audacity problem

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I am 99% certain that this is not a Qu-Pac problem but have hopes that someone else has seen this behavior before and has a solution. When I try to stream audio from the USB B connection to my Mac Mini and Audacity, starting the record process in Audacity with 16 tracks selected causes Audacity to crash. If I go to 15 tracks or less everything seems to work fine. Odd indeed. Any help will be appreciated.

Phil

PS – I have asked about this on the Audacity forum but no response yet.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If you disconnect the Qu, can you record 16 tracks?

You may have to just record the Mac’s built in input on multiple tracks to test this if you don’t have another sound card.

And is 16 a limit, or does 17 or 18 tracks work?

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Anything over 15 tracks and it crashes. I will try without being connected and see what happens. Could this be connected to A&H not working well with Mojave?

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

It worked fine from an internal source, 22 tracks and no problems. I am going to try a MacBook with an older OS and see how that works.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Same thing happened on the laptop running an older OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Very strange indeed.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Just a quick follow up. I switched over to Reaper and no further problems. Records and plays back like a champ now. I can’t say enough good things about Reaper at this point.

Phil

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Has anyone tried using a qu with the free Cakewalk by Bandlab?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.