Qu network failure

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu network failure

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of topdj topdj 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That much variance isn’t easy to test…

Given the nature of the problem, I’d push for a swap out with your current one going back to A&H to look at…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

tested for another 2-3 hrs no issue, going to do it again tomorrow. The big issue is those events I don’t use the snake on. I did a gig Friday I mixed while I was playing drums. Ipad was not connected for long periods so it was fine. The Linksys was connected and the light stayed on.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

Well I did heavy testing with both of them qu16 and qu24 with same router, 24 fine the 16 worked in a cooler room for 6hours 62 degrees RH of 40% moved it upstairs to a 72 degree room 36% RH and every 20-30min the light goes off on the back of Qu16 then I have to pull the cat5 cable and resinsert. Almost sounds like a software issue but then the only difference was the temp. AH wants me to ship it to be repaired. Cost is an issue for me just got got laid off and I’m kinda snowed in NY the shipping boxes are in a building that has not been plowed at all this year. so it may be a few weeks before I can get them out.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I carry a 4 inch fan that I aim down the inner channel of my Qu in hot weather. But 72 is not hot at all so I’d look into a warranty repair if I were you. If it is out of warrenty, best luck! Charge more for your services! 🙂

But I would never mix drom a drum kit. I am just a sound man, some say the one who gets paid for gigs! 🙂
    <L>

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

well its not easy to mix and play drums you need the Qu pad since I usually have one other guitar guys get up and hit them so I can get the mix pretty close. Then I rely on a few friends in the crowd, Id hire a sound guy but that’s more money out of our pockets, I know that because I’m also a sound guy when I’m not playing I have 4 dual 18 STX and matching tops if needed. Anyways I put a fan on the Qu-16 and the problem stopped. So this is a heat issue. Funny the 1st time I saw this was when the mixer has warm air blowing nearby. The network board must be locking up if the temp gets it high enough. IN the room with 62 temps it never locked once.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Have you opened a trouble ticket?

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

oh yes they want me to send it out. I just don’t have a 100 bucks right now I blew a wad on the qu24 for Christmas and some other gear. I probably will send it back. But the problem is gone by just pointing a fan at it. weird huh.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

well its not a heat or anything like that a friend who is a QSC tech pulled the side cover off and looked at the internal cables found one of the 6 conductor network style 1ft cables was bad probably bad from the factory and is why I would have drop outs from time to time. now I need to find that cable and replace it just touching it the network would drop out .

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hmm, is it soldered on or is it “connectors” at both ends. You could reasonably ask for a replacement cable…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

its snaps in just like a 8 conductor, he used a non conductive tool to touch it move it and it cuts out just like it did from day 1 it appears my unit is out of warranty now. Cable was bad from get go just slowly got worse. just to be sure we reverse it and the problem was in the same spot. This is probably not gonna be a common thing for anyone. I been chasing it for a while it just got worse and worse. Trying to get AM the service center to send me one. I tell ya I’m a lot happier now know its not the board but a simple cable now just to get my hands on one.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hurrah – if customer service is doing it’s job correctly one should be in the post without charge very fast.

Maybe my expectations are high, but I don’t think that is unreasonable – another cornish manufacturer of reasonably high value items has done the same and more on a number of occasions for me.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

ya I just put it in a network cable tester that handles 4, 6 and 8 conductors, pin 6 is intermittent. So the board is fine just a cable. This was my last resort before shipping it in for service. But the randomness of it made me want to pull the cover and see if we had a loose cable. Unplugging and replacing this really does not warrant the shipping of unit to AM and what if it worked fine the whole time it was there? Then I would be back to square one. Will see if they can get me one. Board is fine other than that Just no Ipad use with that bad cable or it drops a lot.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

So I will still be ordering my qu32 since I really do need solid Ipad usability. I was worried and The guys at AH said they never once had this issue with any of them. I’m the lucky one.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hmm, is it a standard 8 pin connector 😉

I mean if it’s rj45 either end (implied by the network tester) then it’s a really cheap item to replace….

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

RJ12 6 Conductor I thought it was but internally its just a 6 from the circuit board near rear to the mainboard

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.