Qu & GLD Network

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu & GLD Network

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zac
    Zac
    Participant

The church I work at recently purchased a GLD-80 with an AR2412 and two AR84s. I have access to a Qu-16 and I would to use it to multitrack the services. Is it possible to hook the Qu-16 into the dsnake network and use it to record my channels separate of the house mix? I know you can put two GLD’s on the same network and use one as a monitor mixer, but my question is can you do basically the same thing with a Qu-16? I am new to A&H boards so feel free to tell me that it’s not possible, but I would like to try it if I can.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I said to someone recently ” do a net-work course”
    I might assume that there maybe a lot of people that would want this?

Just think… ‘if you could get rid of’ [Mr Tangly-Man, as pictured below in an attachment] one might conquer the world with such an easy small device at such a great price!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

To connect 2 GLD’s you need an extension card like DANTE! Unless you don’t have an extension slot at a Qu-16, there’s actually no possibility to connect a Qu-16 and a GLD-80 together!

I recommend a DANTE-Card for the GLD if you want to do multitrack recording, or only use the Qu-16 for FoH Mix AND Multitrack-Recording!

Another (cheap) way to do a multitrack recording without loosing the GLD-80 for FoH would be to use a analog splitter! However.. for playback you would need to repatch the splitter to have the signal now comming from the Qu-16 Multitrack into the GLD!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.