Qu Firmware V1.93

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Firmware V1.93

This topic contains 41 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,

We’ve just released Qu Firmware V1.93 and I thought you’d like to be the first to know.
    It’s available now on the Qu software page. (the Qu Software page)

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I’ve just updated the firmware on the QU-PAD to V1.93 and the QU-Pad app to Qu-Pad to the latest version but can’t see the spectrogram on the QU-PAD app?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

The Qu-Pad version still appears to be 1.91. I guess 1.92 is going through apple’s checks?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If the Qu-Pad version auto up dates or gets manually updated before the mixers firmware will Qu-Pad still connect to and operate the mixer?

I have a number of various QU mixers ranging from funeral homes to various schools and churchs and I know some of them will update their app knowingly or unknowingly before I get the mixer updated.

dickiefunk
    Participant

Yes I thought we need to wait for the Qu-Pad app to be updated to v1.93. However, on the A&H video announcing the firmware update to v1.93 they show the spectrogram working on the QU-PAD app which is a confusing.

MarkPAman
    Participant

I imagine they’ve go a beta testing version running.

Update’s just arrived as I’m typing this…… hang on…..

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

According to the release notes, this release shouldn’t affect connectivity if QuPad or the mixer is not updated (or vice versa).

Note Qu mixer Qu mixer Qu mixer firmware firmware firmware and Qu-Pad / Qu Pad / Qu Pad / Qu-You/ Qu-Control Control Control appscompatibility compatibility compatibility. The
    version number is shown as V1.Nm where ‘N’ is the feature version number, and ‘m’ is the
    maintenance number. To be compatible, the mixer and app must have the same V1.N
    number. The maintenance number can be different.

MarkPAman
    Participant

And there it is. Spectrogram is in Home screen.

Was just going to say what Roy’s said though. 1.9<any> should work. Certainly the “old” Qu-Pad, was OK with the updated Qu-Pac before the update went live.

dickiefunk
    Participant

Great. Got the new update. Happy days 🙂

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi,

Yes, as Mark says, the major release numbers are the important ones to look out for (i.e. 1.9* on both is fine).
    In fact, as noted, the app update is to 1.92.

Enjoy!

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Off topic I know, but interested that you have got a Qu-pac Mark. I’ve just got a new one as I was paranoid I had no plan b if my Qu-16 failed. I’d love to pick your brains on how you find and how you get the best out of it. I’ve basically ported all my scenes and configured the custom layers for the 4 bands I work with, so technically it’s ready to rock if I need it!

Profile photo of alexraptis
    alexraptis
    Participant

If someone goes to “feature suggestions” he can find more than 500 topics and yet this is what we get with this update…. no comments !!!!

dickiefunk
    Participant

Thanks A&H for adding Spectrogram to QU-PAD app. Will be trying it out in a couple of hours 🙂

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

If someone goes to “feature suggestions” he can find more than 500 topics and yet this is what we get with this update…. no comments !!!!

Posting “no comments” is in itself a comment…snidely.

As to the latest app enhancement: Yay!!

MarkPAman
    Participant

Roy
    I too got the Qu-Pac as a backup, and maybe to use at very simple events, but it’s turned out that it’s now the one I choose most of the time. Qu-16 tends to just get an outing as a monitor desk occasionally these days.

As a backup, I save desk settings to a pen drive at the end of each soundcheck, though I’ve never had to use it.

Alex & Dickie
    I’m pleased to see the Spectrogam in Qu-Pad, though it wasn’t top of my priority list by any means! I still hope we may get a bigger update before too long………

Connection to a QS could be very handy though, and probably makes me more likely to get one sooner, rather than later.

I don’t use the AMM often enough to really understand what this extra option allows, but I’ll certainly have another play with it when I get a bit of time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.