Qu family no more updates?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu family no more updates?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 56 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Great news to hear that the QU series will be receiving a future update! Look forward to seeing the next update 😊

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@barryjam: Its not necessarily kick or bass, keyboard and organ sounds easily produce frequencies outside capabilities of (normal sized) wedges (and are not necessary for monitoring at all).

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

The graphic eq on a monitor send works to trim off the low end. Not the same as an hpf, but at least it helps.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

GEQ works, but I prefer the low shelving filter on the PEQ.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I almost hate to say it, and of course this is my own opinion, but I think the QU 16 falls under the “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” category. I agree with other posts that A&H have done a great job with updates. What I would like to see added is the ability to use 3rd party plugins. I would even be willing to pay for a hardware update/add on to make that happen. Might be pie in the sky, but that would be awesome!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

3rd Party plugins are not a good idea on this kind of board,
    it will introduce more problems to the beginners here all around
    and opens the platform for different problems A&H can’t fix.
    And I gues the vendors of the plugins are not willing to give support for it.

And I doubt that this is possible anyway…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

With all due respect to those who desire that. As I’ve always contended, this series, although capable of recording, is not first a recording console or serious DAW platform controller. That coming from someone who has been in recording too for over 40yrs. I’ve owned every or almost every major recording platform. The big ones that is.
    If you want plugins galore then go from PT or other platforms and get all you want. This console was never meant for that.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

To me, the logical progression is to put the 32 core into a qu-16 format. And as a part of that update, add some more minor bells and whistles that people have been asking for, like spectrograph overlay on eq, and HPF on mix outs. I think plugins on this platform is kind of asking for a lot.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Agree wrt plugins… the architecture wasn’t designed for it, so it would be nigh on impossible to implement well.

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Why don’t they charge for the updates? Then people can get it if they desire and A&H can make money out of it.. everyone’s happy! Obviously bug fixes etc. are covered in minor updates but I know I would happily have paid to update my Qu16 when they introduced DCAs etc..

Also, I think I recall the local dealer saying the Qu series had 1 or 2 unused processor cores (or something along those lines..?) – can anyone confirm or deny that? Wasn’t the reason for me buying the board but I do remember thinking it was interesting at the time.. but I never verified it.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Forgot to mention SCRIBBLE STRIPS

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

“Forgot to mention SCRIBBLE STRIPS”

that is the Qu lines’ biggest downfall.
    A&H knew the GLD line would lose sales to the GU line if it had scribble strips so that’s why it needs board tape and a sharpie 🙁

My new console no longer needs board tape and a sharpie or funky magnets.
    And of course the iPad app has colored channels (imagine that) not to mention a ton of other very intuitve features that I won’t go into here out of respect for A&H and QU users because I still loved my Qu24 and purple boxes.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

They could have at least done a single 6 character strip much like Avid SC48. Didn’t have to have all the other info like the GLD and dLive has.

Profile photo of pt.
    pt.
    Participant

So where is the love?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

It appears they are focusing 100% of their resources on the D-live. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.