QU Drive – working with USB hard drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU Drive – working with USB hard drive

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jcow
    jcow
    Participant

It’s an external hard drive that does not connect with a regular usb. I’m not wanting to record directly to a computer. I want to record and playback via qu-drive with the external hard drive. This is the cable it comes with.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

OK. I have the same cable for my Seagate 500. I use the USB-B for connecting to a Macbook for live streaming and mis-remembered things. Sorry.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

You might be out of luck with that USB 3.0 drive. During a quick internet search for a USB 3.0 to USB-B cable I discovered that there are specialty cables for that but the USB-B portion of the cable in question is a different configuration than a standard USB-B connector. I don’t think it will work. You might want to use that drive as a backup for your home computer and just get another drive.
    For live multitrack recordings on my QU 16 I use a 64Gb USB 3.0 stick in the Qu Drive that will hold hours of recordings.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.