Qu Drive with USB thumb drives

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu Drive with USB thumb drives

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tommy Tommy 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

I’ve had my QU-16 for almost a year now and have not had too much of a chance to use it until recently. I decided to use it at my church as a recording console, so for now I have 9 mixes coming out of the church’s M7CL and until I can get a splitter snake have 1 splitter cable to give me 10 channels for recording. I just recently started trying to record to a thumb drive and have success when I record only the stereo mix. When I try to record multi-track, I get errors and the recording does not come out well. I figured it might be because the thumb drive didn’t have a fast enough transfer rate, so I purchased a Lexar LJDP20-64G thumb drive to use with it. When I plugged it into the Qu Drive, it would not recognize it. I tried to plug in my external hard drive then, and it did not recognize it either. Both of those are USB 3.0 drives, but the other thumb drive I have is a USB 2.0. Is the Qu Drive only a USB 2.0 port, or is there something I am not doing right?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s a USB2 port, but USB3 drives should be Ok.

Power requirements are a potential issue. The Sandisk extreme is a well known and trusted device.

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

I would understand that if the external drive required USB power, but it has its own power supply. The only thing that should be trying to go over it then would be the data. I will have to find a Sandisk Extreme then and try that.

Thanks

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant
    Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

Thanks Lou. That one works like a champ. I used it yesterday and captured everything that was thrown at it with no errors. Importing into my DAW was a piece of cake as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.