QU Drive USB noise when recording LR mix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU Drive USB noise when recording LR mix

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dancing Brook Dancing Brook 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vinnyvortex
    vinnyvortex
    Participant

Hi all, I have had my desk the best part of a year now and recently i noticed some stuttering noise in one of my tracks, after going through everything systematically i have found the source of this noise. It is the sound of the USB flash drive and it is getting transferred to the recording of the LR mix when used as stereo record or mutlitrack. The noise seems to replicate the flashing light of the QU-Drive on the console when recording. I have tried a multitrack recording, recording mono channels 1-16 and a stereo channel 17/18 (which is assigned to receive the LR mix) and only the stereo channel has this noise, none of the mono recorded channels do.
    I am wondering if anyone else had come across this?
    As i use this feature a lot, as I love not having to deal with computers when I’m recording a session, it really is a big concern for me.
    I have tried different USB sticks and the result is the same. This does not happen when recording using USB B to computer though.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

This seems like a problem for the A&H support team, somewhat similar to the USB-B issue posted above. Having a schematic might suggest the problem and solution.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.