QU-Drive USB Jack worn out poor connection

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-Drive USB Jack worn out poor connection

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of skippy skippy 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

I’ve had flaky behavior from QU-SB Qu-drive usb connection for a while now. Sometimes, I am unable to record because the usb stick is not acknowledged. This is same stick which often works perfectly fine. Sometimes, I can jiggle the stick and it will make connection and work fine. Other times, nothing gets it going. I believe my QU-SB is out of warranty because I’ve used it a lot for quite a few years now. So I opened it up and believe its simply a mechanical wear issue. The contacts inside the jack just don’t always make contact well. I just ordered a replacement jack AL9143 to swap in (says its for iLive but looks to be same part), hoping that will solve the issue.

I’ve searched and seen no other mentions of this kind of problem, so I felt it may be helpful to others to make this post. I wonder how many recording and usb problems are actually due simply to a crappy worn out usb jack. The metal portion of the jack seems to bend very easily and that may contribute to the problem. I’m hesitant to replace with the allen&heath replacement part as perhaps some higher quality component may last better. I’ve recommended this mixer, and several others have purchased it based on my recommendation so I’m concerned about this wear-out problem.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.