QU-drive stereo playback digital splat at end of file

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-drive stereo playback digital splat at end of file

This topic contains 35 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Matt…

The first step to take in such situations is to file a support ticket. Anything short of that is literally urinating in a wind storm.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I guess display order is taken from physical order of the FAT directory. If you start with an empty folder, then the files should be displayed in order of copying. If you delete some files, new files may be added to new slots at the end of the directory or re-use space of deleted entries. Totally depends on OS and available space in terms of “long filenames”. Or: Totally out of user control.
    There are tools around which are able to re-arrange files within the physical directory structure (I don’t post links since I can’t guarantee that those tools I found are free from malware etc.).

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Dick

“literally” ??

Profile photo of AlanG
    AlanG
    Participant

Matt Fog

MattFog

I had a look at a couple of the files you posted to see if I could note anything odd in the structure of the wav file. There seems to be a lot of “rubbish” in there, and I’m not sure if it’s really rubbish in your file or additional detritus it’s picked up in its route from your web-site etc.

Could you therefore please email me directly a couple of “good” & “bad” files as attachments at alanglloyd@btinternet.com and I’ll have a look at them.

WAV files are (of course) a RIFF file format with a standard simple structure at the beginning, and info stuff added at the end.

I was really expert on them some years ago – I’ll try & wake up the “little grey cells” <g>.

AlanG

Profile photo of MattFog
    MattFog
    Participant

I’ve created a further 8 BWF files of about 5-6 sec duration each, of the four different bit/sample combinations from my Soundscape DAW. Mixer consisted of a single stereo input which was muted – should be no audio. On this particular occasion all the 48k files were fine on replay via QU drive and all the 44k files went splat – see how you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pjw6qe11kr11ske/AABQ4Gim5pS_Kj-wwUN88WPIa?dl=0

I’ve sent a couple of those files to your email as you requested, Alan.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

oops

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.