Qu drive problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu drive problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Creator Creator 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

SO We picked up a new Ex HD a buffalo station 1tb drive, hoping to fix the problems we were having with a flash drive. The problem is it would just stop recording. Well today using our new drive 1st week we had a problem, been using for about a month the drive froze while recording about 30 mins in. Usually it would stop like it lost connection to the drive. This week it just froze and I had to unplug it and replug it in. Just not sure where to even start as it seems to be an intermittent problem and has happened with other drives. I’m really wondering if it isn’t an issue with the qu-drive. The only thing I can think of is to reset board back to factory defaults and see if there is a bug somewhere causing this intermittent problem as it doesn’t happen all the time. I would appreciate any suggestions before we have to send the board in.

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Just to mention: Using a HDD in loud and potentially less stable location is always a risk. If you really want to use a HDD, I’d recommend drives for laptop use which should handle physical shock much better then drives designed for office use.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Even better, invest in a solid state drive.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…like a flash stick… 😉
    Works very well for several people including me…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Like a rather specific flash stick…

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

This is the drive we are using https://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-MiniStation-Portable-Drive-HD-PCF1-0U3BB/dp/B00D695GS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1433765900&sr=8-2&keywords=buffalo+station+external+hard+drive&pebp=1433765911173&perid=1MH9C6D1QX90QYN8ZA94

Now AH has 2 other models on their tested and approved list.

Buffalo Ministation HD-PCU2 500GB USB2.0

Buffalo MiniStation Extreme 500GB

So I wouldn’t see why this should be a problem. I know not all drives are created equal but we’ve run into this with 3 different flash drives and now this HD.

I guess we’ll see if a factory reset can fix this. Or if we even have some issue with the board. I brought it home to play around with it and see if I can make it do it here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.