qu drive pre eq stereo recording

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions qu drive pre eq stereo recording

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alphasounds alphasounds 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alphasounds
    alphasounds
    Participant

how can i record pre eq at master stereo out? i have set 17 18 it to pre left & right matrix and so forth

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

A pre-EQ recording option for Mix/Mtx/LR seems to be missing, indeed.

alphasounds
    Participant

I am using the group outputs for recording now ( and was using all 4 to boost vocals – was better with my old tt24 having 8 mono )
    but having even the 2 track analog output post eq was costing me tabac and health yesterday …

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Option could be to feed the PA from Mtx and perform final processing there (leaving LR dry).
    Not sure if you really need Groups to temporary boost something, DCAs may provide that functionality as well.

alphasounds
    Participant

I really like using my aes output to digi controller, i have a look in 30 min if i can assign aes to matrix.
    Vocal boosting is sending the main vocal to a compressed and uncompressed bus.( digital latency !!! always take the channels going into the bus of the master )
    This eq setup should be changed in the next upgrade, it is just giving bad stereo recordings of Allen heath into the public.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

AES should be able to pick signal from Mix/Mtx and several other sources, not only LR.

alphasounds
    Participant

the matrix outs are only post eq master for what reason i dont know…..

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…probably since they also could be post fader. My idea was to keep LR EQ flat (for recording) and use the Matrix EQ when feeding the PA.

alphasounds
    Participant

thank You for Your time.
    I am using aux 9&10 at all post and leave the channel fader’s all in the middle at zero at aux 9 &!0 also at 7 & 8 for possible house systems.
    Greetings
    Thor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.