QU-drive playhead control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-drive playhead control

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I think it would be very useful if the main multifunction knob were able to move the playhead during qu-druve playback. It is very hard to navigate a 2+ hour qu-drive multitrack recording using the touch screen. If i am focusing on a specific song it is very hard to get back to the beginning of that song again. It really seems like that is the only function that this knob can’t perform.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Be nice to have bookmarks – even temporary ones.

Maybe an A-B loop as well?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I wouldn’t be mad about those two features either. All i know is, using the touch screen is not convenient at all.

Profile photo of wildman
    wildman
    Participant

That’s a great idea Dave. Bob’s ideas would be good too!! Definitely hard to navigate the way it is now.

+1

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Or even a zoom control on the play line.

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

It’s kind of a Fat Finger Disorder…I’ve even tried one of those little “pen stylus” things and it’s still too course. I am hooked on recording to the Qu Drive. I find the headroom wonderful for getting a great starting point while tracking. I like the “marker” concept. When I used a Roland VS-1680, I could put markers on the timeline during or after the recording. This would certainly take some aggravation out of the working environment.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Or even if they could implement something similar to the touch sensitivity on the qu-pad, where if you touch, then slide you finger away from the fader, the “resolution” of you movements become finer.

Glad to see i’m not he only one frustrated by this. After seeing these responses i also see that there are quite a few possible solutions to this. Lets hope AH see’s this for version 2.0 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.