Qu Drive – Playback Routing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Qu Drive – Playback Routing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Feature Suggestion:
    USB Playback input sources routable to different board inputs.

Rationale:
    We can route MANY diferent sources (ch, aux, grp, LR, etc) to the USB as an input. [Record]
    We CANNOT route those [Playback]

Word Vomit:
    For virtual sound check or nearly any other task the Qu Drive USB 1-18 outputs needs to be routable to the channel inputs not just straight 1-18.

On Qu32 for instance recording channels 1-4,9-15,25-32 = 18 recorded channels but those channels will always play back to 1-18 board channels. We need to send those USB output channels back to their same respective input channels.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You don’t *need* to, you might like to of course 😉

USB and other local inputs aren’t patchable – it’s one the features of the desk – analogue simplicity.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

With that logic the dSnake shouldn’t be routable either or the output channels to usb.

‘Need to’ in order to make virtual sound checks possible.

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

Yes, that “feature” was a big surprise and disappointment to me. I recorded the band channels hoping to play back the band and fine tune channel EQ, etc solo and with no one present. Had I known, I would have placed the band on the lower channels and other room mics on channels on the high end. I could still copy/move everything around, but I am not sure how this will affect mix outputs and Qu-you setups.
    I assume that using the custom layer would not overcome the issue.

Qu24 and AB168

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Custom layer won’t help – but a VSC scene could – then save settings to libraries and import back to your live setup.

Or repatch the desk so the band are on the low numbered channels…

dSnake connections are fundamentally different, and patchable – the local I/O is analogue in feel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.