QU-Drive on the GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions QU-Drive on the GLD

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mervaka mervaka 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

We’ve had a GLD-80 for a while now, and recently purchased a QU-16. The QU series has the QU-Drive feature, allowing us to make a live multitrack recording on a USB stick. Are there any plans to introduce a feature like this to the GLD series? This would be especially useful for staff training, as it would allow us to record a show and then have training staff practice mixing outside of a live show environment, meaning that they could take their time to get to know the system better.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Qu-Drive functionality is provided by dedicated hardware. Multitrack recording solutions for GLD involve using IO modules such as Dante.

DC

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I thought that might be the case! That is a shame, it’s not a necessity but would be a good feature to have.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

It’ll be interesting to see what direction A&H takes moving forward, now that the GLD price has been slashed. I assume the price cut was to compete with the m32 (both consoles retail for $4999), and the m32 comes stock with a 32 channel USB interface card. Up until now, all QU consoles have this feature, but GLD owners have to invest in option cards like the m-dante if we want virtual soundcheck or multitrack recording. I would be surprised if A&H did not eventually offer a cheap USB card to keep the GLD competitive.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Yeah, it seems a shame to only have it on the lowest range! Realistically the QU series is unlikely to be deployed in scenarios where this feature would serve best. I’ve seen GLDs on the road, and this is obviously a feature well suited towards touring. In our applications it’s more of a pleasant benefit, but in no way a necessity so we’d never spend any money on a card as it’s really unnecessary for us. If I wanted to record a live show I’d be more likely to hire a dedicated recording setup I think.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

I have a slightly different take on this: QuDrive is a cheaper equivalent to the IO expansion options offered by the GLD and iLive ranges. Dante multitrack recording is far more powerful, although maybe not as convenient.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.