Qu-Drive Multitrack Recording with cuts

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Multitrack Recording with cuts

This topic contains 54 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of prodigio prodigio 10 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of prodigio
    prodigio
    Participant

I remember I used a usb pendrive in multitrack recording only with the version of firmware 1.20 but the result was not good. In addition, the pendrive are not officially recognized media. Proof that you should do is to record about 15 tracks on your mixer for at least 30 minutes and listen if there are any glitches/cuts on separate recording tracks. I advise you to record instruments directly and not just simply audio machine (not ipod, ipad, walkman) … especially you should record high dynamic music, such as a rock…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I used firmware and different drives, voltage stabilizer, formatting directly from the mixer and updates several hard disks .. no success!

I’m sure that you’ve thought of this and done it, but as you don’t mention it, it’s worth checking….. Different USB cables?

prodigio
    Participant

Yes, I have used different usb cables, No success!

Profile photo of Davec
    Davec
    Participant

I’ve successfully done 5 one-hour recordings, and I’ve just done a 3-hour session, no problems at all. On one session I got some misses on a short test run, but I got the feeling I hit record too soon after formatting the disk. The next run was fine.

I’m using a Seagate free agent 500G. Firmware on the Qu is the latest. Serial is 2501.

prodigio
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m waiting for return the mixer at my home.
    Technical support told me that the only evidence I can do is install the new firmware newly issued in a few days, version 1.4.
    In this version has been specially enlarged the buffer that should solve the problem.
    If the problem is not corrected I will return the mixer to the seller for the unreliability of the machine.
    I want to be confident and optimistic… We are waiting for happy news….

prodigio
    Participant

UPDATING FOR YOU šŸ™‚

Iā€™m having great news from a lot of users šŸ™‚ Technical support was excellent, maybe he was just going through a bad period, but today is perfect and new firmware seems to be greatly improved with no errors and great stability šŸ™‚
    Now I am really happy with the work and the Italian Technicians, I will let you know as soon as the back of my mixer šŸ™‚
    Thank you Allen & Heath šŸ˜€

prodigio
    Participant

I received the mixer today, I have not tried yet the multi-track recording, I think I do it in the next 2 weeks … at first glance it seems to me that the machine by 1.4 firmware works much better now and have added several improvements… šŸ™‚

prodigio
    Participant

Hello,
    I tried recording to the mixer for about 3 hours this evening with the new firmware version 1.4 (I used not certified hard disk) and I have to say that now there are no more errors in the multi-track recording :)) no cuts and greater stability šŸ˜€
    At most a small reduction of known quality to the final .wav files (can be possible or am I wrong?)
    Great job Allen & Heath… Do more and more perfect this firmware and you will remain in my heart :))

Profile photo of groverk
    groverk
    Participant

Thats Great news Prodigio

I will be recording 4 – 1 hour sets tonight. I will let you no if if it works for me

prodigio
    Participant

Ok groverk!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.