Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dancour2
    Dancour2
    Participant

Would you happen to have a link to that specific drive (Verbatim V3 Drive USB3.2 Gen 1)? Thanks

Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

Dancour, Your most foolproof way of finding it is by going to the Verbatim website

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

So, for whatever this is worth, I’ve been testing the Samsung 1GB T5 mini-SSD as multitrack media on my SQ6. Yesterday, I fed source (music) to 32 inputs of my SQ and recorded to the Samsung drive, 24/48, for five hours. I never saw any indication of USB overload nor, upon listening today in Reaper, hear any indication of recording error on any track.

I am pretty convinced that this drive works as it should on the SQ and for now, will have no hesitancy to use it as, at least, a multi-track backup for my JoeCo. Is it as reliable as Reaper in Dante on a MBP? Seems likely.

I still wish that it picked up the track names but, oh well. Reaper does that as normal.

D.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@tourtelot

This weekend I performed some multi tracking using my T5 (500gb) SSD using the QU-drive without any issues. Rock solid.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,
    To quickly clarify and add to some of the things being discussed here –

Qu

Qu USB-B connection
    – 48kHz
    – I/O channel count dependent on model, simultaneous
    Qu-16 = 24×22
    Qu-24 = 32×30
    Qu-32, Qu-Pac, Qu-SB (all have Qu-32 core) = 32×32
    – Free patching from Qu to USB, fixed patching from USB to Qu channels (patchable from computer e.g. DAW)

Qu-Drive
    – 48kHz
    – Stereo or 18 channels record or playback options
    – Shares USB-B patching to Qu-Drive for recording, Playback to Qu is source option for channels 1-18
    – Multitrack file names ‘TRK01’ to ‘TRK18’ matching channel number for playback routing

SQ

SQ USB-B connection
    – 48kHz or 96kHz
    – I/O channel count 32×32 simultaneous
    – Free patching to and from SQ/USB-B (shared patching with SQ-Drive)

SQ-Drive
    – 48kHz or 96kHz
    – Stereo or up to 16 channels at 96kHz or up to 32 channels at 48kHz, record or playback
    – For multitrack, only records the channels which have been patched, i.e. if only 6 channels are patched, there will only be 6 files in the folder
    – Free patching to and from SQ/USB-B (shared patching with USB-B)
    – Multitrack file names ‘TRK01’ to ‘TRK32’ matching channel number for playback routing
    – Stores channel/socket name in meta data of recorded file as ‘Track Name’ (viewable through file management or audio software)

Cheers,
    Keith

Profile photo of Wade
    Wade
    Participant

wow

Profile photo of mobilenumber
    mobilenumber
    Participant

Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
    phone-number-name-tracker/
    free-online-phone-number-tracker/
    free-imei-checker/
    imei-blacklist-checker/
    imei-checker-pro/

Profile photo of ahrar
    ahrar
    Participant

c

Profile photo of Anjelina
    Anjelina
    Participant

Amazing!
    Such a helpful and interesting blog.
    Thank you very much for sharing it with us.
    Visit Mahadev book

tourtelot
    Participant

Still testing the Samsung SSD. I recorded 10 tracks yesterday and all was good. I will record 20 tracks tomorrow. If that works as expected, I will start taking the SQ out as a multi-track mixer along with a Denon SD recorder as a 2-mix backup on jobs that used to require a JoeCo. It will mean leaving the JoeCo, the Dante switch and the computer at home; weight off my aging back.

More only if I encounter any problems.

D.

Profile photo of salma
    salma
    Participant

The Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database is a valuable resource for anyone using Allen & Heath Qu-Series mixers. As a professional audio engineer, I have found this database to be incredibly helpful when selecting USB devices to use with the Qu-Drive feature on these mixers. The database includes a list of compatible USB devices that have been tested and verified to work with Qu-Drive, as well as information on the device’s speed and capacity. This information allows me to confidently select a USB device that will work seamlessly with my Qu-Series mixer, ensuring reliable recording and playback of audio files. Overall, the Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database is a valuable tool for anyone using Allen & Heath Qu-Series mixers for recording or playback, and I highly recommend checking it out.
    Stay informed by visiting Realclobber for the latest news and blogs.

tourtelot
    Participant

So last night, 18 inputs recorded to the Samsung T5. Mixing a show so I didn’t stare at the error meter. All seemed good whenever I looked. Got home and went to download the files to my MBP. Corrupted files! Some but not all. Weird. Error message: The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “02 PP R.WAV” can’t be read or written.
    (Error code -36)

So I will go to the QU data base (and can I assume that QU compatible USB “drives” will also work on SQ mixers?), and find something that might work for me too.

I am pretty disappointed that this is so tricky (33 pages of posts) and SO glad I schlepped the JoeCo to the job (utterly reliable). I would be happy to leave some gear behind but I don’t know if I can ever be comfortable that my multitrack files on my SQ6 won’t be a jumbled mess. Me to my client “So sorry but the files I recorded last night all all corrupted.” It’s pretty much my only complaint with the panel but it’s a big one.

I would be grateful to anyone who is recording large track counts on their SQ mixer to directly point me to some media that has worked FLAWLESSLY for them over some extended period of time. I will look at the data base and read through the 33 pages but I’m tired and would love to be a bit lazy on this. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks all.

D.

tourtelot
    Participant

So in downloading the .wav files from the drive, there appears to be only one corrupted file, the second file on the list. If I absolutely desperately needed to present these files to a client, is there any know method for un-corrupting one file with the error message “The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “02 PP R.WAV” can’t be read or written.
    (Error code -36)”?

D.

tourtelot
    Participant

Frustrated. Just edited the above message but it didn’t stick. Grr!

Anyway, there are two corrupted files. I dropped one of them into Reaper and there is exactly 2 seconds of wave form, no more. Shows the same file size, 1.2GB, as all the others.

Kinda done now. I’ll just continue to take the reliable JoeCo out on my SQ jobs. Such a shame SQ-Drive doesn’t work.

D.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@tourtelot

Cannot comment regarding using the SQ6 but both my Samsung T5 & T7 SSD drives work great. Only last night did I record an 18 channel multitrack without issue. My main SSd is my T5 500gb, but my 1gb T7 is just as reliable.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.