Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

@kpjax – Hi Kyle, sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
    Have you extracted the .QUU file from the ZIP archive and placed this in the root directory of the USB device?
    Also, did you remove the v1.8 firmware .QUU file from the USB before trying to update to v1.9?
    If you haven’t already seen it take a look at the firmware update instructions here: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/How-to-Update-Qu-Firmware_5.pdf
    If you’re having any more trouble please send us an email to support@allen-heath.com
    Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of Odersfelt
    Odersfelt
    Participant

Just tried Patriot TAB 32Gb USB 3.0 with no success. Mixer won’t even read to let it be formatted. Came formatted as FAT 32, tried re-formatting on PC and MAC but no joy. Shame, because small size and chrome look is a great fit.

Profile photo of ABAG Soundboard
    ABAG Soundboard
    Participant

thanks. I’ve followed all the steps. like I said, I just updated to 1.8. I formatted the drive using the qu menu. the. copied 1.9 to the usb and inserted it. it still says it doesn’t see the quu file.

Profile photo of Odersfelt
    Odersfelt
    Participant

I see you updated the list from my post above about the Patriot (thanks). Just to point out this is the same as row 26 on the list (the PSF32GTAB3USB), which worked for other user but not me. A Sandisk Extreme works fine for me but not the Patriot. Would be great if we can find any of these small format drives that test ok for recording because we would like to use mixer at gigs controlled via IPad with a Desksaver cover on. The large USB sticks are too long for the cover and prone to being in knocked during normal use.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“The large USB sticks are too long for the cover and prone to being in knocked during normal use.”

I use something a bit like this:

Right angle USB Extension

David Haughton
    Keymaster

@kpitts8198 Hi Kyle, ok, thanks for clarifying. What happens when you put just the v1.8 .QUU on the USB key. Does the mixer read the file?
    Have you tried another USB device?
    Thanks. Harry.

Profile photo of ABAG Soundboard
    ABAG Soundboard
    Participant

it reads the 1.8 no problem.  I use the same usb for the 1.9 and it doesn’t see it.  format and put 1.8 on it and it reads fine.   it’s very confusing.  no other usb I have will even be seen by the qu32. 

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

The first thing I would do is do a fresh download of 1.9 and start over. Most of such problems have worked out when I went back and started fresh. Downloads aren’t always uncorrupted…

Good luck.

David Haughton
    Keymaster

@barrypearce
    Hi Barry, could you add the information for the Lexar JumpDrive to the Device Compatibility Questionnaire please? https://goo.gl/forms/pwCvHjzVAm

It’s possible that the issue with the caddy you have tested is that it’s USB 3.0.

Can you tell me what happens when this is in record?
    Does the record just stop or does the drive appear to dismount and Qu-drive starts to read the drive again?
    Can you also try to record in Stereo please?

Let me know the results.

Thanks. Harry.

David Haughton
    Keymaster

@dick-rees Hi Dick, Qu firmware has been packaged in ZIP files since v1.8 so they are lossless. If the ZIP was corrupt it wouldn’t extract. Cheers. Harry.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Harry…

I’ve been using 1.5 until last month, so I hadn’t noticed.

DR

Profile photo of kpjax
    kpjax
    Participant

So it’s finally working. It worked with 1 USB drive for 1.8 but then not for 1.9. I ordered a new Blaze 8GB Sandisk Blaze and that worked to get me up to 1.9. Not sure why 1 usb would work for 1.8 and then not work for 1.9 immediately after. Allen&Heath really should allow any USB drive to update firmware, but that’s just my opinion. Thanks everyone for the feedback & options.

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

I could use some help, I recently purchased the Integral 128 SSD based on both the verified working drives and an Amazon review stating that this drive works with the Qu-32. I can’t get the system to recognize the drive. The SSD is granted power (as evident by the LED on the system and the drive) but it turns off within 2 seconds and shows no usb disk present. I verified that the drive is formatted to FAT32 (both out of the box and after a reformat using both a PC with no luck, then using a MAC) and have not been able to get it to be recognized.

I currently have firmware version 1.8

Thank you in advance for your help!

David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi Tim, sorry you’re having problems. Do you have another USB device which you can try with your mixer?
    If the Integral simply doesn’t work, I recommend returning the Integral to the retailer ASAP.
    Could you enter the device details in the form provided in the opening post please?

Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

This will help us track devices which may have previously worked, but are no longer compatible due to USB manufacturer changing components.
    Thanks. Harry.

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Thanks Harry,

I did try a small drive that I laying around that and was able to use to update the firmware to 1.9, but it will not work for recording. Even after the firmware update the Integral drive did not work. When I get a chance I will input the device information into the database.

Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.