Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

you sound like you are saying that the AH programmers are idiots and that managment are all PHBs

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

you sound like you are saying that the AH programmers are idiots and that managment are all PHBs

NO I’m not……….the display warning is legit as at the time it is displayed the USB drive is indeed incompatible……until you follow through with the format process.

Try it.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Most people would say a message of incompatible means incompatible and stop there.
    If what you say is correct then they should say needs formatting and proceed with formatting y/n?
    ***content removed – does not contribute to the thread***

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If what you say is correct then they should say needs formatting and proceed with formatting y/n?

I am correct……try it.

If by chance the drive you try is indeed corrupted trying to format will not hurt anything, it just will not complete the format.

***content removed – does not contribute to the thread*** In the video I linked to showing me formatting a SE9G2 Data Traveler. I mentioned and showed the message an then went on showing the format process.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

We did try it.

It worked once. WITHOUT ANY ERROR MESSAGES.

The others did not.
    You may have gotten it to work after an error message.

But the messages I get tell any logical person to stop.
    You might get it to ‘format’ BUT CAN YOU TRUST IT WHEN IT FIRST SAID IT WAS NOT SUPPORTED OR NFG OR ……….

If you are correct then AH has a totally screwed up UI with bad messages and needs to fix that in firmware instead of having a mostly useless database of supposedly working USB drives.

But I still say that with all the complaints here, prowebsound, gearslutz, and other fora that the problem is NOT ME.

@AH
    are your error messages what is causing the problem so many people have with USB memory?
    shouldnt you fix those with some firmware changes and stop confusing people ?
    if it is not the problem then please just tell us what all y’all did that so many people are having problems.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

We did try it.

It worked once. WITHOUT ANY ERROR MESSAGES.

The others did not.
    You may have gotten it to work after an error message.

But the messages I get tell any logical person to stop.
    You might get it to ‘format’ BUT CAN YOU TRUST IT WHEN IT FIRST SAID IT WAS NOT SUPPORTED OR NFG OR ……….

What do you mean by “worked once” and “the others did not”
    In spite of the error message did you try to format the drive anyway.

Did you take the other drives that were fresh and then dick with them in the computer and now they will not format?

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

As I have said a number of times we got ONE USB to format and that was a white box Staples no name USB 2 with 8G.

Note what AH officially said:
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    << You may need to first format the USB key on a PC or Mac (FAT 32), then try to format it again on the Qu mixer. >>

Just because you have been lucky does not make all the other people having problems incompetent.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Did you or did you not ever get a Data Traveler to format?

volounteer
    Participant

And what this poster said:

@Dick Rees
    Since the console does not recognize the USB disk when it’s inserted, it’s not possible to format it on the console.

It has to read the USB disk first before you can format it. If it does read it & it was not formatted it will read “unsupported format” or something, according to the manual.

… Odd thing I noticed is that the LED on the QuDrive flashes very faintly when the USB disk is connected, but still says “No USB disk present”

Otherwise I will have contact A&H directly & see how they can assist. I’m situated in South Africa, not sure if the voltage here can cause issues on the console, but I very much doubt it.

THE RESULT:

Profile photo of Hanroux
    Hanroux

Participant
    I visited the South African agent for A&H today & had a long technical session with the local A&H brand manager, who is also a sound engineer & very familiar with the whole range of A&H digital consoles himself. The USB disks that he uses to update firmware for the Qu consoles also did not want to read on my Qu24. So alas, I had to let the faulty console go & I’m very happy to say that they replaced the faulty console with a brand new Qu24. The one I’m using at the moment is working seamlessly with all the USB disks that I have, as well as an older 500GB HD – no problems from the start whatsoever.

I never would have thought that the console would be the device at fault. The A&H brand manager was just as surprised as I was, said it’s the first time he had to deal with an issue like this where a Qu console did not want to read any USB disks whatsoever, even ones that were formatted in QuDrive format.

APPARENTLY ITS THE QU CONSOLES THAT ARE AT FAULT.
    Isn’t it time for AH to come clean and fix the problem with a proper firmware update?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Did you or did you not ever get a Data Traveler to format?

And again you never answered my question.

Profile photo of cafewalter
    cafewalter
    Participant

@mikec and @xyz, as I’ve written in this thread previously, I’ve spent hours on the phone with A&H tech support walking me through every step, using freshly bought drives. I’ve got a SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB3.0 drive sitting in front of me right now, still sealed in its packaging. Would you like me to video what happens when I open it up and put it into my Qu16? I can guarantee you from long and painful experience and a lot of wasted money that it will not work; it will either fail to recognize the drive at all, or it will hang when it tries to format. (By “hang” I mean that I can come back two days later and it will still be no different.) Why this and not a Data Traveler? Because this drive was one that many people claimed was working for them.

This is a very long thread. I have read every post in it, many of them several times. The problem is *not* operator error. The problem appears to be that some Qu consoles are lemons and others are not. Volounteer and I both seem to have gotten lemons – as have many others posting in this thread.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I don’t use Sandisk Ultra. If I remember correctly.. They were the shorter blue memory sticks? And I did have enormous problems with the Ultra.. In fact I gave them away to a friend.They worked fine on PC Mac etc..

I only have used Sandisk EXTREME.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

@mikec and @xyz, as I’ve written in this thread previously, I’ve spent hours on the phone with A&H tech support walking me through every step, using freshly bought drives. I’ve got a SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB3.0 drive sitting in front of me right now, still sealed in its packaging. Would you like me to video what happens when I open it up and put it into my Qu16? I can guarantee you from long and painful experience and a lot of wasted money that it will not work; it will either fail to recognize the drive at all, or it will hang when it tries to format. (By “hang” I mean that I can come back two days later and it will still be no different.) Why this and not a Data Traveler? Because this drive was one that many people claimed was working for them.

This is a very long thread. I have read every post in it, many of them several times. The problem is *not* operator error. The problem appears to be that some Qu consoles are lemons and others are not. Volounteer and I both seem to have gotten lemons – as have many others posting in this thread.

I don’t know what the internal hardware differences are between different models of drives that are causing some brands not to work at all or even with in the same brand some models working and others not.

I have never tried the Sans Disk USB model you have. I have and use a Sans Disk Extreme USB 3 model that works great. I got that a couple years ago after being recommended here. I have since heard that the current Sans Disk Extreme USB3 drives no longer work, I’ve have not tried a new one.
    Don’t even try the Sans Disk Cruzer drives!!

I know exactly what you mean when the formatting process “hangs” forever, I’ve seen it while trying some different USB drives.

After early on finding that the Kingston Data Travelers all have worked every time I quit trying other USB drives.
    The only thing I can say is get some new Data Travelers, open the package and go straight to the mixer and format.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

I found a statement from AH that says they blame chip differences and other manufacturing aspects as to why some work and some dont when they are the same brand model sub model and size.

I also found one that I posted that said a dealer said it was the console’s fault.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

We have had ZERO Kingston work whether Data Travellers or other models.
    We have had ZERO SansDisk work no matter which type we tried.
    We have had some others fail.

The ONLY one that worked FOR US is a white box no name Staples generic USB memory stick of 8G

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.