QU-Drive and USB streaming inputs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-Drive and USB streaming inputs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I’m setting up a DAW for QU for the first time. I spent the afternoon tearing my hair out trying to figure out why anything I input on any channel was also sending signal to channels 17, 18 and 19 on the DAW. I finally saw that the inputs for QU-drive included a L, R, and L&R on channels 17,18, 19. So those DAW channels were getting Mix outs.

Relieved that my DAW settings are not crazy, but my head hurts. What do people do who want to simultaneously use QU-Drive and USB streaming? How do you setup the 18 channels for QU-drive including something like a LR mix without double sending to the 32 inputs in the DAW, where I need 1-32 to get individual tracks (I might only need 30 tracks, so that might be an opening).’

Somebody who has done this, please enlighten me.

Barry

Barryjam
    Participant

In USB streaming to DAW, How can you get the LR mix to be an additional INPUT to the DAW? (the 32 inputs are easy).

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Barry,

Which model of Qu are you using?

Alex

Barryjam
    Participant

QU-sb

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Barry,

You could store the setup for both Qu-Drive and USB B streaming.

Go to Setup > IO Patch > USB Audio

Assign USB channels 1-30 to CH 1-30 and USB channels 31-32 to L and R

Save this as a scene for USB B

Now go back to the USB Audio patch screen.

Assign USB channels 1-16 to CH 1-16 and 17-18 as L and R

Save this as a scene for Qu-Drive

Now go to the Scenes page and press the filter button next to the two scenes we have just made.

Now block all settings other than Output Patch for both scenes.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Alex

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Think you meant Block everything except the Input Patch Alex 😉

Barryjam
    Participant

Thanks Alex and Mark,

I don’t know if I continue to be brain dead, but haven’t you just described a great method for recording EITHER Qu-Drive or USB-B audio, whereas I was trying to wrap my head around the possible flexible method for recording BOTH at the same time, without the LR mix interfering with my tracking channels 17 & 18 in my USB-B streaming.

Still, your suggestions were helpful in setting up USB-B, which is my priority.

For both forms of recording at the same time, I guess I will have the Pre L-R feed tracks 17,18 and route my other 30 track sources (for USB-B) to tracks other than 17, 18. This makes sense to me now, after your helpful suggestions.

Barry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.