Qu drive and usb problems

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu drive and usb problems

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Just what does the Qu drive do when I put in a USB and there is a lot of blinking
    yet it always comes back and says incompatible.

I cannot believe that over a dozen different usb sticks that work fine elsewhere are all incompatible.

It is pretty clear that the Qu is what is incompatible and seriously needs fixing.

As it is the Qu drive is useless. Why won’t AH provide guaranteed usb memory sticks since everything I get at any store
    whether computer specialty or general consumer or amazon all fail?

Is it that no usb 3 will work? Very hard to buy a usb 2 any more without a lot of effort.
    I should be able to just buy memory locally when I need it and not have to worry that it works.

Hopefully the next generation will use SD cards and not be so fussy with them.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Volounteer,

There is a compatibility list available which details what drive will and won’t work for specific tasks. You can find it here: https://www.allen-heath.com/usbdevicelist/

When choosing a drive from this list, I recommend scrolling to the bottom to view the most recent entries. The reason being that drives tested some time ago can have hardware changes over time which effect compatibility without changing the model.

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com if you would more assistance with this. I would be interested to know the make and model of drives you have tried so far.

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@alex A&H

I have seen the compatibility list. The number of RED NOs should be embarrassing to your engineers.
    Why does only A&H have a compatibility list and other devices simply work with any usb?

Many of those devices are not to be found any more.
    USB makers keep changing their product line and searching for old obsolete usb memory is not really fun nor easy and it makes us pay too much should we find the device. Why can’t we just use anything that is on sale black Friday ???????

We do not care if we can record 31 or even 18 simultaneous tracks.
    Ability to find the memory easily anywhere is more important than more channels and should be given priority to maximizing the number of simultaneous tracks recorded.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.